System #04 (Odyssey, Logos, Sequel II)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Statman

Reaction score
Vern Sharp

Southern California

ML Models- Odyssey, Theater i, Sequel II

Associated electronics,

2 channel components

Ayre CX-7 CD Player
Audio Research LS 25 MK II Pre amp
Mark Levinson 335 stereo amp
Synergistic Research Resolution reference balanced interconnects CD to Pre-amp
Signal cable Balanced 35' run to amplifier
Signal silver resolution speaker cable bi wired

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Multi channel components

Infocus 7205 DLP projector
DA-Lite HCCV 123" diagonal screen
Denon 2910 DVD/SACD player
B&K Reference 20 Processor
B&K 7250 MK 2 5 channel amp 3 channels used for now!
Synergistics Research digital cable
Signal cable interconnects single ended to 7250 amplifier.
XLO Neutrik cable for subwoofer
Bright star isolation devices on both playback machines
Whale Elite Mk2 power cords
REL Stentor III subwoofer
Power wedge 116 for filtration/protection.

The room is still a work in progress.I'm still looking for the right curtains to finish the room. It is 22'x15' with Sonex applied to the first reflective points for both the front and rear speakers. When I bought the house the room was white with thick white carpet and no lighting at all,definitely not ideal for viewing movies! New paint,new carpet( Sierra Vista grey the picture doesn't show it well.

I've been an audiophile since 1980! My first "real" system was an Thorens TD160 thru an Audio Research SP-7 and a Levinson ML9 powering Magnaplanar MGIIB's! Several systems later this is my current configuration. With the advent of Home theater, yes I was one of those guys that purchased a Hi Fi Stereo VCR when they first came out and ran it through my stereo system. I'm finally slowing down ;) I still enjoy sitting down and listening to music with the lights dimmed and always will. I'm just enjoying the benefit of having a ML system for movie and HD sports enjoyment. Meaning that with the ML's you can hear the difference with music and movies when listening.

Attachments

• Looking at screen and equipment.jpg
    Looking at screen and equipment.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,046
Last edited:
Great Home Theatre/Audio Set-Up!

Thanks for your comments on my system! Wish I had more room to upgrade to a larger pair of speakers. My system is actually in my bedroom- the only place where I could put it for the time being.

Thanks again for your continued support and welcome aboard the new site!

Jason

I love your setup ! Not only the choice of equipment but the way you have been able to integrate everything (room, 2 channel and HT components). Experience shows !

Listening to music and viewing good movies must be quite an experience in your room ! Super job, your installation is a model to follow !

Best regards,

Kaliar

Life is good with ML !! :)

Wow, I'll bet the images produced by the In Focus DLP projector on that 123" Da-Lite screen look simply amazing! That big theater picture is really complimented by the excellent audio setup you've got. I love the way your setup looks. Thanks for sharing.

SV

Looking at seating area that consists of 3 Berkline 090 seats.

Last edited:
Side view of amps and front speakers also front end equipment

Last edited:
What type of speaker stand are you using for the center channel?

attyonline said:
What type of speaker stand are you using for the center channel?
It's a Logos. unconventional stand, i'm guessing to get it up off the floor. i really have to try that with mine, it's still on the floor. :mad:

Statman said:
Here's the direct link. I found out about from another guy who had posted the same link himself on audiogon awhile ago who raved about it

http://www.audioc.com/accessories1/soundanchor/sanchor.htm

do you use the logos stand on that one? the reason i ask is that in a logos the panel only has the top and bottom for air circulation (low WAF, i got the comment "gee, you can't see through it like the CLS").

if you set the logos directly on the stand you lose some of the bottom openings. of course you lose the ones under the cone, so perhaps it doesn't matter much.

zaphod said:
do you use the logos stand on that one? the reason i ask is that in a logos the panel only has the top and bottom for air circulation (low WAF, i got the comment "gee, you can't see through it like the CLS").

if you set the logos directly on the stand you lose some of the bottom openings. of course you lose the ones under the cone, so perhaps it doesn't matter much.

I'm not sure what you're asking? Sitting it on the stand does not diminish the dispersion of the speaker if that is what you're referring to? It actually improves the front stage greatly because you no longer have the floor adding it's character into the ability of the Logos to sound it's best. The stand is height adjustable which allows me to get it as high as possible but not block the screen when watching movies or sports in HD. It really does improve the clarity of the center channel speaker. I noticed the difference as soon as I sat down and listened.

Yes what item that we want or have has a high WAF? I'm divorced and don't care what they think now! It's funny how it's a double standard with women they always will try to have US compromise but if the situation is reversed it's okay then? Try and have them give up something they like and see what happens? My girlfriend enjoys it as much as I do, my ex hated everything I brought into the house! Which was way less than what you see here now. :D

Last edited:
Statman said:
I'm not sure what you're asking? Sitting it on the stand does not diminish the dispersion of the speaker if that is what you're referring to?

sorry, what i'm asking is if you use the logos stand in addition to the one you bought. you see, the logos stand has the advantage of supporting the speaker at the ends allowing for no interference with the openings along the bottom.

with the solid back of the logos, the opening along the bottom and the top are the only way for air to move behind the panel.

I use the Logos with the sound anchor stand only. There's no need for the stock stand when using the sound anchor stand. In my opinion the major problem with the stand that comes with the Logos is the stand places the speaker too close to the floor and you can hear the difference especially with dialogue with any male voice with a deep chestiness in his voice. When the speaker is raised it blends better with the two fronts.

As far as radiating the stand doesn't interfere due to the fact that the stand supports the speaker in the middle. The Logos radiates into the rear portion of it's own cabinet as you stated from the top and bottom. As you already know the two electrostatic panels are not like a conventional woofer that is going to "push" a significant amount of air and requires space to breathe. If it were the two mains I'd be more concerned about it! The woofer is sealed and doesn't really output that much low end material especially since it's set to "small" to prevent overdriving the small driver. Hope that explains it? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am in again

Vern, my system is in again as #171. You need to come over soon and help me with some room acoustics

Latest posts

Back