System #02 (Aerius i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JasonLiu

1. Member Name: Jason Liu

2. Location: Toronto, Canada

3. ML Model: Aerius i

4. Year Purchased: 2002

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics:

Sources

Classe Audio CDP-10
Orpheus Laboratories ONE Dac
(Anagram Technologies 24/192 Upsampler)
Nakamichi 682ZX Cassette Deck
Technics ST-S7

Electronics

Pass Laboratories X2.5 Linestage Amplifier
PS Audio HCA-2 Power Amplifier

Cables

Gutwire Chime Digital
Gutwire C and G Clef Power Cables
PS Audio Xstream Statement XLR Interconnects
PS Audio Xstream Statement RCA Interconnects
Van Den Hul Integration Interconnects
Van Den Hul Revelation Biwired Speaker Cables
Walker Audio Silent Source Power Cable
Aural Symphonics Missing Link Cubed V3 Power Cable
PS Audio Mini Lab/Lab Power Cables

Accessories

Target AER Racks
Audioprism Foundation III Power Conditioner
Chang Lightspeed Power Conditioner
Shakti Stone/Onlines
Bedini Ultra Clarifier
TAOC Tite 46 Pin Cones
BBC Vibration Isolator Boards and Sandbox
Black Diamond Racing Cones and Pucks
Custom Granite Slabs

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:

I have always been fascinated by the sound of dipolar speakers whether
electrostatic and/or ribbon. However the Martin Logan sound provided
the greatest satisfaction for me, which is highlighted by the perfect
blend of realism, transparency, dynamics, and of course, musicality. The
Aerius i's that I have may be among the entry level products of this
company but it more than takes me to where I would like to be in
high-end audio. Until I move to a larger room, these speakers are going
to continue to serve me well.

Attachments

• Aerius-i-Main-Shot.jpg
    Aerius-i-Main-Shot.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 4,416
Thanks!

Hi Vern,

You've got a great set-up yourself! I wish I could have enough space to put in a bigger pair of MLs! Believe it or not, my system is actually in my bedroom- the only other place I could put it up!

I like your home theatre/audio layout- very clean and professional. By the way, thanks for your support and welcome aboard to the new site!

Awesome 2 channel setup Jason. Very nice. Great gear, great speakers, what else can you ask for? Well, with us audio nuts that's a dangerous question. :) Enjoy!

SV

Very nice setup Jason! :)

Concerning the panel that you installed below the picture, does it make a big difference? How has it affected your ML's sound after it had been installed?

pat17 said:
Very nice setup Jason! :)

Concerning the panel that you installed below the picture, does it make a big difference? How has it affected your ML's sound after it had been installed?
Thanks Pat! :) The sound panels between the speakers do help- I find there is more clarity to the music and less muddiness to the midrange. The bass is more or less the same but the image is now more clearly defined. In other words, the soundstage is more accurate with better depth perception and positioning. The results are not dramatic but there is a noticeable improvement- the panels cost less than $70 :D and for that type of money is a worthwhile inexpensive investment. I also moved all my components below one shelf so that nothing sits on the top shelf. As the rack is lower, it becomes less of an obstruction for the soundstage- a worthwhile improvement if you can do it.

Great Job Jason !!!!!!!!
You have succeeded in my eyes to have a great setup that blends into "it's surroundings" without overpowering the room....Bravo. Looks like a perfect match on the speaker trim and the bookcases....

JasonLiu said:
Thanks Pat! :) The sound panels between the speakers do help- I find there is more clarity to the music and less muddiness to the midrange. The bass is more or less the same but the image is now more clearly defined.

That's interesting... :)

There's one point for which I've never been able to make up my mind - is it better to have something behind ML's or just a plain wall?

In my last setup I've decorated the back wall - thanks with the arrival of the screen - with tapestries... and frankly speaking I hardly find any difference. Maybe that my ears need some improvements - although I'm afraid it's a bit late - maybe that this 'something' has to follow very specific rules in order to be efficient...

:) Hi Jason,

I saw your Audiogon system post and made a nice comment as a former ML Aerius owner. Nice to see you here on the ML club site too. Since I have just joined the site, I am in process of selling my 801's and returning to a ML ESL. Possibly the Ascent or Oddysey, but may concider the Aerius mated to a very good sub. Room size is about 19x22, but I may have to go into a 10x12 room in which case the Aerius or Oddysey(at most) would be a concideration. Anyway, nice to see you sweet looking system again..best, Ken :)

Hi Jason,
Great looking system BTW,

I have a question about the Black units under your Aerius speakers,
What are they?

I haven't seen anything like that before, but it is what I am looking for to put under mine. Are these the Custom Granite Slabs you have in your list?

Could you take a photo a bit closer so I can see more detail.

Cheers
Steve

Been a while.........still interested in the bases under the speakers, they look great.

Back