Sweet, got my new CD in :)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beat_Dominator

Reaction score
24k-badco-b.jpg

"ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 6, 2006!! ...And we're lucky it's available at all. Audio Fidelity originally contracted for this title some two years ago, but it has taken more than a year to uncover the original master tapes. In fact, Audio Fidelity scoured the tape vaults in the U.S. and U.K., going through five different tape copies that were mislabeled as "master." Suffice it to say, Audio Fidelity went through some serious pains to make sure that this project was done right. They simply would not settle for anything less than the original analog master tapes. The only drawback is that there are now only eight months remaining on their reissue contract. Without a doubt, this is one of the most anticipated albums on this format in a long time. Don't wait on this title.

"It took almost a year to get the true session masters from England, but it was worth it. The Olympic Sound mixes have a body and snap that really add excitement to the sound. Patiently, we requested reel after reel from England and finally, after much waiting, we received the true session mixes from the storage facility in Gt. Britain. These were what I used to do the Gold CD mastering of the Bad Company self-titled first album and it was exciting to finally be able to hear these legendary songs in their most pristine form!" - Steve Hoffman, mastering engineer"

This album rocks!
peace.gif

I have it on vinyl, makes me want to hook the subwoofer back up every time. :)

I listened to it after I had my panels washed up. Wow there seems to be a lot more.... I dunno.... raw DATA on this HDCD. I can't tell if it's the re-mastering or what but holy crap it sounds terrific!

Thanks for the heads up. I just got mine from ebay. Great CD!!

Back