surround receiver

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
is there a good surround receiver out there that can handle martin logan summit speakers?

thank u

You can look at the Anthem MRX range (740, 1140).. they are owned by the same "umbrella" corp as ML (Paradigm). I've been doing that for a while, but will be going back to separates quite soon, using the Anthem AVM Pre/Pro (I hung on to my power amps when I "downsized"... now that I'm single again.. ('nuff said!)..)

IIRC, Arcam had some class-G amps in one of their receiver lines. that might be enough.

However, I'd recommend getting a receiver that has the functions and features your want and has pre-amp outs, and use a suitable stereo amp to power the summits.

The recently released Denon X3800H is an excellent value for this purpose, it has all the very latest tech, such as HDMI 2.1, supports either Audyssey or Dirac Room Correction systems, it has 4 independent sub outs. The internal amps can be individually shut off (saves on heat and power), and has individual pre-outs for 15 channels + the 4 sub outs. Basically, it has the same DSP and general processing power of the $7K Marantz AV10 preamp for a fraction of the cost and has amps for all the rest of the channels if you want to use them.

I used a Sony es top of the line receiver for many years. It just didn’t have the get up and go I needed. Always wanted the dennon or marantz, however there were problems with both. I understand the anthem receivers are a reasonable choice. I for one currently use a Yamaha high end reciever(natural sound 2000) as a preamp for home theatre use. Various amps provide the power for the speakers.
I hope someday that someone will make a great reciever to drive difficult speakers like Martin Logan’s and others. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back