Surround channel help

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinodk

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I currently have Aeon i & Theater i in front with Fresco's for surrounds in 5.1 system. I am looking for surround speakers that are more dynamic than Fresco's with wider sound dispersion & am looking at either Clarity or Mosaic. Which one should I go with?
Thanks,
Vinod.

vinodk said:
Hi Guys!
I currently have Aeon i & Theater i in front with Fresco's for surrounds in 5.1 system. I am looking for surround speakers that are more dynamic than Fresco's with wider sound dispersion & am looking at either Clarity or Mosaic. Which one should I go with?
Sound wise, I have heard both by themselves, not as Surrounds, but I like the sound of the Clarity much better than the Mosaic.

If you have the room a pair of used SL3's would make great surrounds :D (I use Sequel II's as my surrounds). Used SL3's can be had for $1500 or less and new panels (if needed) would be around $500. So for the price of a pair of Fresco's, you get much better sound. Just a thought!!!

Happy Holidays
Dan

Thanks for the suggestions. I am planning to place the surrounds on a pedestral in the rear corner facing at 45 degree angle towards the main seating position so the panel will be only 2' away from the walls & the rear end of the speaker will be even closer to the wall.

Since you already have the esl panels with the aerius and theater.Go with the clarity because it too has the esl panel like the rest of your system.It will compliment your system very well.I believe the mosaics,are great speakers but will come up alittle short of what your trying to do.

Clarity's or Mosaic's...

vinodk,

I would have to vote for the 'Sonic Nirvana' of the electostaic pannels featured in the Clarity speakers. :D Had you considered the Script i's as surrounds? IMHO, Script i's are more versital as far as mounting / positioning. As long as, you are trusting your ears, it's all good... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Hi Cherian!
I am planning to get some marble pedestals from homedecorators.com. They are resonably priced. Maybe you should take a look at them.
Vinod.

Last edited:
Thanks I am going to look at them now.

Back