Supporting this community

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCHeliGuy

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to support the closing of a recent political thread and keeping a sense of the community here.

We just had the highest voter turnout in 50 years and the people have spoken. Our country is more passionate and engaged in the process which is a great thing!

Our passionate country is also much more divided then ever and we are about to go straight into another election cycle that is likely to be a war of escalation. As a result we will all be bombarded with more talk that will try to demonize and dehumanize people who believe differently than we do. Politics is something that many of us have strong opinions about, but it is becoming divisive well beyond what I think any of us want.

This is an audio forum for people who share a common interest. Forums like this help create communities of people which is more important now than ever.

We can all be sure that things will continue to happen that will outrage us and other members of this forum and it's only natural that we will feel a need express feelings or thoughts on the subject.

I would only suggest that keeping a community together is more important than trying to find yet another place to vent our spleens.

Last edited:
I propose the forum formally ban all political discussion, even down to a reference in a post.

I and others come here to share or passion for audio and music, and would love to keep it focused on that.

I propose the forum formally ban all political discussion, even down to a reference in a post.

I and others come here to share or passion for audio and music, and would love to keep it focused on that.

FWIW my RC Helicopter Forum used to have an off topics forum dedicated to politics & religion. They had a ZERO tolerance policy towards politics in any other area of the site. Then the decision was made to remove the Off Topics Politics area because it was eating up all of the moderators time to keep things in check there. It got ugly fast. Everything here to date has been extremely cordial by comparison.

FWIW my RC Helicopter Forum used to have an off topics forum dedicated to politics & religion. They had a ZERO tolerance policy towards politics in any other area of the site. Then the decision was made to remove the Off Topics Politics area because it was eating up all of the moderators time to keep things in check there. It got ugly fast. Everything here to date has been extremely cordial by comparison.

as a admin / moderator here I think (for the most part) all is kept civil. I do my best to throw an once or two of levity into the mix so as to temper things from time to time and occasionally deleting some posts to clean things up, but all-in-all I think we keep things in check.

The important thing to remember is that it's kept in 'off topic' and no one is forcing you to read and or participate.

I would be fine with this. Wouldn’t surprise me if people interested in Audio left because of the irritation. And yes - you can ignore it - but if you need to - why not just go somewhere else where you don’t ? So maybe it’s possible that these discussions are pushing people away that might otherwise contribute to Audio discussions. And what do you have left? Political discussions.

Back