Super Summits/CLX

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamonds

Reaction score
Hi -

I was wondering if any of you have heard if Martin Logan will be releasing a higher end speaker than the Summits. I believe it has been referred to as the CLX or Super Summit??? I have heard rumors from my dealer but he does not know much either. He did say they are will be making a speaker that is 12,000, 17,000 or 19,000 and was not sure of the name. I was just wondering because a larger speaker will work better in my room. Any insight you may have would be great!

Thanks!

CLX is ML's replacement for the CLS full range ESL. Not sure exactly when it's supposed to be out, but we've been told that we'll get a chance to listen to it at next summer's get-together in Kansas.

I haven't heard of a Super Summit? Anyone?

Last edited:
Hello Diamonds,

The Super summit and CLX are two different rumored speakers. The Super summit is a rumored addition to the lineup in the $17,000 U.S range. The CLX is a CLSIIz full rage ESL speaker with Xstat technology, rumored to be around $7,000.

Hope this helps.

Zip3kx07 said:
Hello Diamonds,

The Super summit and CLX are two different rumored speakers. The Super summit is a rumored addition to the lineup in the $17,000 U.S range. The CLX is a CLSIIz full rage ESL speaker with Xstat technology, rumored to be around $7,000.

Hope this helps.

That helps a lot! Thanks!!! The "Super Summits" are they rumored just to be larger?

Diamonds said:
That helps a lot! Thanks!!! The "Super Summits" are they rumored just to be larger?
They more then likely will be bigger. People over the years have expressed interest in a scaled down version of the statement E2 in the $20,000 range. I have my fingers crossed it will be along those lines, an ESL tower and woofer box separate from each other for proper placement. This is only speculation; Martin Logan has said they are working on a step up speaker from the summit but no specifics or release time.

Zip3kx07 said:
They more then likely will be bigger. People over the years have expressed interest in a scaled down version of the statement E2 in the $20,000 range. I have my fingers crossed it will be along those lines, an ESL tower and woofer box separate from each other for proper placement. This is only speculation; Martin Logan has said they are working on a step up speaker from the summit but no specifics or release time.

Thanks again!!!!

Good to see you here Diamonds!! I hope your Summits are treating you well!

Joey :)

Joey_V said:
Good to see you here Diamonds!! I hope your Summits are treating you well!

Joey :)

Hopefully they will be upgraded as soon as the "Super Summits" come out.

Joey and Diamonds...

Might I be so impertinent as to ask how do you two gentlemen know each other? :) Joey have you sold some gear to Diamonds? :eek:

After seeing Ken Kessler's review of the Quad 2905, ML has some tough competition in the full-range electro-stat market ;)

Last edited:
I await the CLX with great impatience. I want to compare them to the Quad 2905's.

Remember The Everest...

The next progression from the Summit - The Everest...

Attachments

• everest.jpg
    everest.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,432
Or Remember the Pinnacle?

Maybe the ML Pinnacle could be a step above the current Summit...

Attachments

• Pinical CLS III.jpg
    Pinical CLS III.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,398
I like the Pinnacle.

Seriously though... what I want to see is a mini version of the Statement. I want multiple 7" drivers handling the low midbass (between 60hz to 180hz). I want dual 10" drivers on each side handling the lower infrasonics (18 to 60hz). I want the panel to be larger and use the xstat technology handling everything above 180hz.

That's my Super Summit... and I will get that pair.

Even if I have to go back to Ramen land.

Joey :D

That's The Spirit! That's Our Kid!

Joey_V said:
I like the Pinnacle.

Seriously though... what I want to see is a mini version of the Statement. I want multiple 7" drivers handling the low midbass (between 60hz to 180hz). I want dual 10" drivers on each side handling the lower infrasonics (18 to 60hz). I want the panel to be larger and use the xstat technology handling everything above 180hz.

That's my Super Summit... and I will get that pair.

Even if I have to go back to Ramen land.

Joey :D
Joey,

:D I totally agree. That's my Kid... Joey, your a find Lad.
We (Everyone at the ML Club) Loves you son, We love you just the way your are... :p

Latest posts

Back