Sunmmit Review on TAS is out

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ted betley

Reaction score
Anybody read it? It is posted on their website but not yet delivered to my Barnes & Noble. But any Logan fans download it or otherwise receive it?

TAS Review of Summit

I just picked up Feb. issue, states the Summit review will be in the next issue. Can't wait, Summits sound awesome - 3 base driver's and noticed the stator is leaned way back, i guess for time alignment???? :cool:

staticfanatic said:
I just picked up Feb. issue, states the Summit review will be in the next issue. Can't wait, Summits sound awesome - 3 base driver's and noticed the stator is leaned way back, i guess for time alignment???? :cool:

3 bass drivers?????

The summit has two powered woofers per tower, one front firing and one down firing. The summit is not a very tall ESL so Martin Logan angled the panel back slightly to point up at the listener.

Just got done reading TAS review

Overall very positive, the reviewer, Barry Willis, only critical comment was on the vertical dispersion, effect on tonal characteristics noticeable while standing, I agree therefore I sit !!

So is the review out now? Or is it next month's issue?

I'm going to Border's to study today.... that way I can relax with a copy of TAS.

Joey -

TAS usually appears during the first or second week of the month. The issue published in February will be dated March.

Last edited:
Joey_V said:
So is the review out now? Or is it next month's issue?

I'm going to Border's to study today.... that way I can relax with a copy of TAS.
it's out now Joe, I just recieved mine in todays mail

Can somebody scan the article and post it please, we do not have our copies yet in this part of the country.
Thanks

LOGANLOVE said:
Can somebody scan the article and post it please, we do not have our copies yet in this part of the country.
Thanks

I downloaded the issue in pdf format for 10 bucks. Essentially, he liked them very much (might even say loved them) and had nothing negative to say except for the vertical dispersion issue he mentioned.

Otherwise I don't think you can put a copy up on the board without violating copy write laws......Steve

A New to ML Club - Summit System...

stesom said:
I downloaded the issue in pdf format for 10 bucks. Essentially, he liked them very much (might even say loved them) and had nothing negative to say except for the vertical dispersion issue he mentioned.

Otherwise I don't think you can put a copy up on the board without violating copy write laws......Steve
stesom,

Welcom to the ML Club!
I could'nt help but notice, you have an awesome Summit System listed in your signature... :D I also noticed that your other gear is shall we say, "Tres Fantastic" as well. :D I don't want to press a new member too hard, but I was hoping when you find the time, I would encourage you to concider posting your system on the "Member Systems" section of our wonderful site. I for one would love to see it... :D

It is good to have you here, Steve. :)

I am starting to get really ****ed at the magazines. Every month they are arriving later and later. I just got my Feb TAS last week and now some of you are already getting the March issue?! Maybe I should give up print mags and just subscribe online. I can't wait another month for the Summit review! Welcome to the club stesom-I'd love to see your system! Love those vdH cartridges (my backup is a Frog).

Last edited:
Robin said:
stesom,

Welcom to the ML Club!
I could'nt help but notice, you have an awesome Summit System listed in your signature... :D I also noticed that your other gear is shall we say, "Tres Fantastic" as well. :D I don't want to press a new member too hard, but I was hoping when you find the time, I would encourage you to concider posting your system on the "Member Systems" section of our wonderful site. I for one would love to see it... :D

It is good to have you here, Steve. :)

Ever since I got into this hobby (couple of decades ago) I have admired Martin Logan speakers. I lived in New York and had many hi-end shops to visit including Sounds By Singer and Innovative Audio.

I must admit at the time I started down this road Thiels appealed to me more and I stayed with conventional speakers until just two weeks ago when I got the itch to go listen to see what is new. I also wanted a really good 2 channel in my basment system so why not upgrade and move the Virgos downstairs.

I happened upon a set of Vantages and knew they were special so I decided to pull the trigger. Once I had them home and listened, I figured that as good as these were the Summits should be that little bit more. So once I was in this deep I might as well go almost all the way. I could not sneak the Statements past my wife (also my bank account). Once broken in I can provide some feedback on these wonderful speakers, but at this point I am a very happy camper.

I will take some photos and post when time becomes available. Thanks for the welcome.....Steve

Last edited:
Excellent Summit System...

stesom said:
Ever since I got into this hobby (couple of decades ago) I have admired Martin Logan speakers. I lived in New York and had many hi-end shops to visit including Sounds By Singer and Innovative Audio.

I must admit at the time I started down this road Thiels appealed to me more and I stayed with conventional speakers until just two weeks ago when I got the itch to go listen to see what is new. I also wanted a really good 2 channel in my basment system so why not upgrade and move the Virgos downstairs.

I happened upon a set of Vantages and knew they were special so I decided to pull the trigger. Once I had them home and listened, I figured that as good as these were the Summits should be that little bit more. So once I was in this deep I might as well go almost all the way. I could not sneak the Statements past my wife (also my bank account). Once broken in I can provide some feedback on these wonderful speakers, but at this point I am a very happy camper.

I will take some photos and post when time becomes available. Thanks for the welcome.....Steve
Steve,

Thank you for your kind words. I will look forward to seeing you most excellent system when you have time... :D

tonyc said:
I am starting to get really ****ed at the magazines. Every month they are arriving later and later. I just got my Feb TAS last week and now some of you are already getting the March issue?! Maybe I should give up print mags and just subscribe online. I can't wait another month for the Summit review! Welcome to the club stesom-I'd love to see your system! Love those vdH cartridges (my backup is a Frog).
Tony, Next X-mas, give your mailman more than a dollar !!

All the store in my area still have the February issue of TAS, I guess it will be a few weeks before they change over to March. :(

Zip3kx07 said:
All the store in my area still have the February issue of TAS, I guess it will be a few weeks before they change over to March. :(

Geez... my stores (Borders and Barnes and Noble) all have the February issue of TAS (and the January issue also).... no March here. :(

I should really subscribe to one of these magazines to help out the hifi magazine cause.

Back