Sunfire Theater Grand II

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherian

Reaction score
Hello,

What are peoples thoughts regarding the Sunfire Theater Grand II. I have a chance to buy one for $800.00 used. My questions are as follows.

1) Is this a good preamp?

2) For around $800.00 is there another preamp I should look at new or used?

3) Does any one have a good DD / DTS pre amp for sale?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Cherian

Hey Cherian, I love my Sunfire pre/pro. The Sunfires just seem to be a great match with ML's, less so when I used them on my previous Maggie 1.6s. They sound supurb with Martins. It is a great sounding preamp, very nice quality build. I have never had any issues with any of my (3) Sunfire products. Also having 2 channel, and 5 channel amps to boot. I have the TG III, the biggest difference being 7.1 as opposed to the TG II being 5.1 And a few extra sound decoding features.

There is a large cost difference (used market) from the TG II to the III, AND IV Sunfire pre/pros. If the 7.1 is not a big deal to you, there would be little sound/sonic differences. If the TG II is in great shape, I think it represents a "very good" buy for you at less then 1K your have a very good sounding and quality pre/pro that has proven to last many years to come. Jon

Back