Sunfire amp, What processor? Anthem?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tony g

i have a sunfire 400 watt seven channel amp and am looking for a new pre amp processor.
i've heard good things about the anthem avm 30 but i don't know if it's a good match w/ my odysseys and my sunfire amp. would the sunfire theaterIV be a better choice?
thanks tony

I would give serious thought to the Arcam 700, their new prepro. It has HDMI and much of the technology from their AV 8. It also costs about $2100, which will save you a lot of money if you like it better. :)

tony g,

Welcome to the ML Club!!! :) :D

I have been considering the, Sunfire Cinema Signature Grand 400~seven, for some time now. I have read, some excellent reviews regarding, the Sunfire Theater Grand IV, as well as, Cary Audio, Simaudio, Jeff Rolland audio, and Musical Fildelity pocessor's. They all seem to have been reviewed very well, on line.

I plan, on using my, Pioneer VSX-59TXi, as the processor, for my system, so I'm looking at adding an amplifier (form the above listed companies). I am also, concidering, Sunfire's - Vacuum Tube Controller or the Conrad Johnson's tubed pre-amp too. As I am interested in adding tubes to the path, for a sweeter sound for stereo music listening.

I must say, I have been very impressed with Simaudio lately. Especially, the "Moon Titian" amplifier. Also, Balanced Audio Technology's, HK-6200 amplifier seems to be totally awesome. The reason, I bring these to amplifiers up, and to your attention (in addition to the brands above), is that these companies also make, what looks to be, equally, awe inspirering processor's too... Myself, I hope to audition the amps., at sometime in the near future... I am just wondering, can afford it, or will I have to, sell my first born, to get it...

"Up-graditis" - is it all, worth it?... As, it is a disease, I am totally and completely, afflicted with... :D

Again, welcome, tony g

-Robin

Last edited:
Use Anthem AVM 30 and MCA 50 with my Odyssy's. They Sing!!!

Bob J

Anthem Statement D1 processor....

tony g,

I have been checking out the, 'Anthem Statement' series... "Anthem Statement D1 Processor", from all the reviews, I have been reading, Rocks! :D
IMHO, I think, you should audition one of these babies in our home, and see what you think. :D :D

As you know, I am checking out amplifiers. The "Anthem Statement P5" (matches purfectly with the D1 processor), seems fantastic. It is one, of only a few truely, 'Multi-Mono Block', amplifier made. It weighs, 130 lbs..., with five individual power transformers, one for each channel. I is totally awesome. It is said, to be extremely musical too. I am planning, to audition one very soon. :)

Good luck and enjoy

-Robin

Robin said:
tony g,

I have been checking out the, 'Anthem Statement' series... "Anthem Statement D1 Processor", from all the reviews, I have been reading, Rocks! :D
IMHO, I think, you should audition one of these babies in our home, and see what you think. :D :D

As you know, I am checking out amplifiers. The "Anthem Statement P5" (matches purfectly with the D1 processor), seems fantastic. It is one, of only a few truely, 'Multi-Mono Block', amplifier made. It weighs, 130 lbs..., with five individual power transformers, one for each channel. I is totally awesome. It is said, to be extremely musical too. I am planning, to audition one very soon. :)

Good luck and enjoy

-Robin

I think I am going to replace my Sunfire Theater Grand III with the Anthem Statement D1, it seam to be one of the most natural pre-amps out there. The reviews I have read seem to suggest the Anthem Statement products walk’s that line between warm and cold sounding.

Anthem is coming out with an update for the D1 and AVM 20/30 that will add HDMI and video processing/scaling. The update should be out very soon.

The P5 amp looks to be an awesome piece of gear, I wish I could run it but I am afraid to. The P5 has two power cords that require two different circuits, some reviewers have tried plugging it into one outlet and have had no problems but don’t recommend you do this permanently. This amp is a beast, stable to 1 Ohm! It’s big too, most rack wont be able to accommodate it.

Latest posts

Back