Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday Morning Again...

:) I am listing to Buffalo Springfield - For What Is Worth; The Kinks - Lola (both from my computer i-Tunes Library.
In addition, Moody Blues - Days Of Future Past (DTS)(CD) and of course more Madeliene Peyroux - Half The Perfect World (CD) :D

rainy day in Philly and the music and coffee are on !

Been thinking about Harry Chapin so were listening to a little "Dance Band on the Titanic"........... signing... near my God to thee !

Snowing in Denver, so ...

I'm in doors spinning some Pat Metheny (80/81), and old Fleetwood Mac (The Pious Bird of Good Omen) on vinyl. Traffic (Low Spark of High Heeled Boys) is next. Watching the snow come down outside while I'm basking in the wonderful warmth of tubes and vinyl inside makes for a pretty cozy morning.

Cat Stevens

An Other Cup
Listened to it twice this morning,the more I listen the more I like.

Leonard Coehn -- I'm Your Man the film -- If your a Leonard Coehn fan a must see,if your not you should still see,he has been so influential on so many artists,and his music has been covered by so many artists. ONE OF THE ALL-TIME GREATS.:cool:

Traffic (Low Spark of High Heeled Boys)

That's one of my all-time faves. I'm a big Metheny fan too, especially of the earlier albums. Hmmm, I'm going to have to clean my Traffic LP...

On the second cup a "Joe" and listening to "the Christmas Song" song by the man himself, Nat King Cole, it is one of his Christmas alblums that belonged to my mother, probably forty years old, but cleaned up rather nicely !!

On the second cup a "Joe" and listening to "the Christmas Song" song by the man himself, Nat King Cole, it is one of his Christmas alblums that belonged to my mother, probably forty years old

Wow Twich, Nat Kong Cole's spanish albums are among the records I most cherish. And yes, they date back to times when our parents were in love with each other...

Attachments

• IMG_1463.JPG
    IMG_1463.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 532
yes, they date back to times when our parents were in love with each other...

You know Radu, I can actually remember laying on the floor in front of our families Stromberg Carlson console stereo and listening to the same alblum I played this morning ! Console stereo's like their counterpart TV's were the thing back then, ahhhhhhhh I can still see those 12AX7's glowing from the backside of the cabinet !!!

On the second cup a "Joe" and listening to "the Christmas Song" song by the man himself, Nat King Cole, it is one of his Christmas alblums that belonged to my mother, probably forty years old, but cleaned up rather nicely !!

It's that kind of a morning isn't it Dave. I'm listening to Van Kliburn doing the Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2 with Reiner and the CSO right now, but started off with the Nat King Cole Trio's "After Midnight" on new Speakers Corner vinyl.

When's that new turntable showing up Dave?

Man I love the Sunday morning ritual!

Getting ready for football listening to the “Hero” soundtrack.

Attachments

• B0002S945W.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36342387_.jpg
    B0002S945W.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36342387_.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 370
Counting Crows: August And Everything After:musicnote:

Attachments

• b.JPG
    b.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 370
Yule-Tide Spirit this Morning !!

Started off with the Obligatory Christmas alblum - Alabama Christmas , you gotta' love Randy Owen's Santa Claus (I still believe in you). Followed that with some Branford Marsalis - Royal Garden Blues. Sunny day here in Pa !

Last edited:
Started with the Nutcracker to get in the Christmas spirit then a little Dianna Krall [btw congrats to her and elvis on twins] now listening to Joe Jackson volume 4 another 1/2 hr. and I will start my day. I will get back to music while watching the Lions loose another one.

Full Pool with Christmas Music...

Don't say that, I picked them in my pool this week !!
Dave,

It's funny as I am sitting here responding to you Dave and typing this, I am listening to The Vincent Guaraldi Trio ~ "Charlie Brown Christmas" as you already know, a truly Christmas / Holiday beautiful jazz SACD. Listening while I gaze out at my lovely swimming pool, which is filled to the brim with rain water. Calistoga has been having a lot of winter rain the past few days.... At least I remembered to start a warm fire in my fire place as well. :D

Maybe the Lion team will do better next week. ;)

The Waterboys, Dream Harder.

Amazing! I haven't listened to the Waterboys for a very long time, but this morning when I pulling vinyl up from the basement for my Sunday morning listening session I pulled out "A Pagan Place" to spin. Wild huh?

I'm listening to the Dianna Krall Christmas CD right now, but started the morning with Stravinski - the "Firebird Suite" on Mercury Living Presence with Dorati and the LSO followed by The Modern Jazz Quartet - "Blues at Carnegie Hall". Gotta love Sunday mornings...

I am listening to Susan Wong’s A NIGHT AT THE MOVIES. Got turned on to her on my trip to China last week. This CD just sounds amazing. Just got on E-bay and got 4 more of her CDs. This CD is a must have.

Attachments

• 200671610828558.jpg
    200671610828558.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 352

Latest posts

Back