Suncoast Audiophile Society hosting a Zoom meeting this Sunday with Muraudio

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
The Suncoast (and Sarasota) Audiophile Societies will be hosting a virtual (Zoom) meeting on Sun Apr 18, 1 PM *EASTERN* time, with Murray Harman, the founder of Muraudio. He will be joining us to discuss the development of their hybrid electrostatic speakers, the unique challenges it presented, and possible future innovations.

Grab a cup of coffee (or adult beverage) and join us to hear more about this other electrostatic speaker line! If interested, PM me, and I'll forward the Zoom link (but please do not post publicly).

Just bumping this notice for those interested. Also, if anybody has specific questions (especially technical) re Muraudio models, please PM me, and I'll forward to them, so they can have appropriate charts, etc. in their presentation.

Final reminder for tomorrow's Zoom presentation with Muraudio. PM me if interested in participating.

This was time very well spent! To be honest, I had never even heard of Muraudio, but after listening to his presentation and checking out some of their reviews, I absolutely would have considered their SP-1's as from what I've heard/read, they actually would been a better fit for my room than my 15a's (and cost less too). My biggest concerns about bringing a pair of these in, are first, no matter what Murray says, they look top heavy to me... and second, it's still a good amount of money to put into a company with few dealers (at least in the USA), so I would be concerned about support. Still, very interesting design that makes sense in so many ways...

BTW, if the Suncoast Audiophile Society accepts 'associate members' in Ohio, sign me up! Hey, after nearly fifty years I just sold my parents house in the Tampa/St Pete area! :)

Glad you enjoyed it! Perhaps you'll come down for the Florida Audio Expo next Feb. BTW, you've got a fantastic setup with your 15A's! It would be interesting to compare head-to-head with the SP-1's, but I'm sure the 15A's would come out on top (at least in the bass dept.). Not so sure if you compared to the PX-2!

Glad you enjoyed it! Perhaps you'll come down for the Florida Audio Expo next Feb. BTW, you've got a fantastic setup with your 15A's! It would be interesting to compare head-to-head with the SP-1's, but I'm sure the 15A's would come out on top (at least in the bass dept.). Not so sure if you compared to the PX-2!
I sure would like to give them a try as the 120 degree dispersion vs 30 degree dispersion 'should' help me in my room. I'm currently thinking about rearranging furniture and going to a single listening seat, but I'm afraid that might send an 'unintended' message to my lovely wife. The wider dispersion would completely solve that problem...

I suggest trying "extreme toe-in" where you rotate the speakers farther inward, so that the "flashlight test" reflection is in the outer 1/3 of the panel. Depending upon room geometry/acoustics, that can yield a wider sweet spot, and improved off-axis imaging. You might be surprised by the improvement!

I was also going to say to try all different toe in angles and they DO NOT need to be symmetrical. One could be toed in 25 degrees and the other 10. You play with them until it sounds right. It makes a huge difference in performance over any other item you might buy. Positioning is first and then room treatments. With position and room treatments, a pair of towers costing $1500 will blow you away in how good they sound compared to very expensive high end speakers that are not positioned and the room untreated. It has a bigger effect than anything else you can do including the type/brand of speaker. I could make a pair of SVS towers sound better than $10,000 speakers. Just sayin..... play around with those speakers! :)

Latest posts

Back