Suncoast Audiophile Society hosting a Zoom conversation with Gayle Sanders/Eikon Audio

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh? Are you switching to a receiver to drive your MLs?

No way! However, I'll try the Pre-Outs (with ARC enabled) feeding my C-J Premier 350 (vs. my C-J CT5 Pre). It's possible that having ARC fully integrate my subs with the mains could actually sound better. We'll see.

It's possible that having ARC fully integrate my subs with the mains could actually sound better. We'll see.
I sent the question of multiple subs to Anthem weeks ago and got no response.

You would think that it would be kind of un-difficult (new word alert) for ML to work with Anthem for a multi-sub solution. We can daisy chain our speakers with a cable so it's just one connection to the computer, there's the app for ML subs, shouldn't be too much of a leap to "combine" the multi items to work at the same time. Run once for each to establish time alignment, run all-together for the combined. It's a baby step, but it's kind of what I do with Dirac, but do it manually.

I'm running pairs of 1100X subs with each my Expressions (one pair per, total of four) with great success! Using the Speaker Level connections and all the parameters within the ML App for all the settings nets a substantial improvement over just the Expression by itself. Then, using Dirac improves things even more. Great dynamics, wider soundstage.

Ahh, sigh of relief there.

It's possible that having ARC fully integrate my subs with the mains could actually sound better.

So only subs getting corrected?

I run bass correction from my Copland CTA-305 preamp, so that's another configuration method you could try. It does mean digital signals are going through an analogue preamp, before being converted to 24/96 again - but given it's only below 80Hz that is affected, I'm very happy with the results.

I'm only interested in bass correction/integration (<100 Hz) for my entire setup.

Ever since getting my Expression 13A's, I've struggled to "dial-in" my two ML BF210 subs (to minimize the wide 50-60 Hz null at my main listening position). The 13A's, after running ARC Genesis, yield extraordinary tight and musical bass down to ~24 Hz, but (as expected, due to room geometry) can't eliminate the null. Running ARC Genesis (separately) on my pair of BF 210's, pretty much fills in the null (as expected), and brings the bass response down to ~21 Hz. Unfortunately, when combining the 13A's and subs together (even with the appropriate downloadable filters for the subs), the bass gets muddy and bloated, due to misaligned phase/timing. The Anthem STR Preamp also has the ability to apply ARC Genesis simultaneously for the entire setup. However, I needed to replace my ancient Denon receiver anyways, so I'm hoping the MRX 740 will "kill two birds with..." I know the MRX 740 doesn't yet offer sub distance calculation, nor automated phase alignment, but that's supposedly on the horizon at some point. Until then, at least I'll be able to manually enter (and experiment with) the values for sub distance.

Anyone know if Eikon Audio is still around? Have not been able to get to their website...

Latest posts

Back