Summit's what are your settings

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russb

Reaction score
I was just wounding what all you Summit owners out there ended up with your final 25hz and 50hz settings in your rooms. I just wanted to see how close all of our systems are.
My settings right know during breakin period 6-25hz and 3.5-50hz.

Thanks
Russ

Hz

My settings for fronts Summit are 0 - 25 hz and +4 - 50hz, rears Vantage +4 - 35hz.

But

Who knows when the Stage will be available in Europe?

After 3+ months of listening, mine are set at -2.25 / 50HZ and -2.5 / 25HZ. Never been a big "bass" fan. My experience is that too much bass screws up everything all the way up to the top of the frequency range. I use well recorded vocals and jazz / double bass recordings as my reference.

Gordon

I did have mine set at +3 for both 25 and 50Hz knobs and the bass was impressive. But after performing a crude frequency test using the downladed test CD and a Rat Shack meter I now have it set at -2.5@50Hz and +2.5@25Hz. The bass now has a little less emphasis than before but the overall sound is improved or maybe more balanced at this setting. Perhaps too much bass smothers or smears the sound from the panels?

I'd also like to add that this particular room has some acoustic issues going on. You can walk to different parts of the room and hear more or less bass depending on your location. I have it tuned for optimum sound in the sweetspot seating location. This is why a dedicated room would be nice to have so I could optimize the room acoustics without it having to serve another purpose. But then it would be an overly compromised main living room (aesthetically speaking). Nevertheless, I'm very happy with the setup I have.

+4db on all settings.

However, I still need to get my RS meter up here and run tones.

Too much bass makes the pnale sound bad-that`s a NO NO :)
My settings are: -3.5 at 25 and -0.25 at 50Hz.

Back