Summits in matte aluminum finish

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stesom

Reaction score
For anyone who is interested this is what the natural aluminum finish looks like $1000 upgrade.......Steve

Attachments

• DSCN2179.JPG
    DSCN2179.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 349
Couple more attached

Couple more attached

Attachments

• DSCN2180.JPG
    DSCN2180.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN2182.JPG
    DSCN2182.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 176
They look very nice, not sure without seeing it in person if it’s a finish I would go with, but nice never the less. I expected it too to look more like clear-coated aluminum then a flat silver. Is the chrome a polished aluminum?

Yup... same one I saw before. It's definitely matte and not chrome.

Here is the chrome:
ChromeML.jpg

Here is another pic of the regular matte aluminum:
ClearAluminumML.jpg

Is it just me or is ML calling it chrome kind of false advertising? I mean in that pic there is no chrome; it’s a polished aluminum finish.

I suppose it should be called "Polished Aluminum"... but chrome is an adjective most people understand and can visualize in their heads. I think that's why they called it chrome aluminum.

Joey_V said:
I suppose it should be called "Polished Aluminum"... but chrome is an adjective most people understand and can visualize in their heads. I think that's why they called it chrome aluminum.

I will give you that.

But considering polished aluminum is a little buff job, compared to all the prep work that go’s into the chroming process, seams like an exspenive upgrade ($7,000.00) for a rub, buff and clear coat.

Last edited:
The $7,000 upgrade is chrome. So do not mistake my matte aluminum finish for the actual chrome finish that is also available and really is chrome......Steve

I am referring to the two photos Joey V posted. The top photo he posted is not chrome it is a polished aluminum. Or if that is chrome in the photo that is the worst chroming job I have ever seen. I have been thinking and I don’t recall if you can even chrome aluminum? I don’t think you can?

Zip3kx07 said:
I am referring to the two photos Joey V posted. The top photo he posted is not chrome it is a polished aluminum. Or if that is chrome in the photo that is the worst chroming job I have ever seen. I have been thinking and I don’t recall if you can even chrome aluminum? I don’t think you can?

I call Joey's post, "Brushed Aluminum" where did all these other terms come from?

SugarMedia said:
I call Joey's post, "Brushed Aluminum" where did all these other terms come from?

That photo was one I pull off another site on a Google photo search, it looks to be an official ML photo, but not a trim option offered?

Zip3kx07 said:
That photo was one I pull off another site on a Google photo search, it looks to be an official ML photo, but not a trim option offered?

Well, that's quite annoying, show a picture of a finish you don't even offer. I really like that, 'Brushed alum" look for the Summits.

SugarMedia said:
Well, that's quite annoying, show a picture of a finish you don't even offer. I really like that, 'Brushed alum" look for the Summits.

So do I, when I first found it I thought it was the clear coated aluminum, and was considering the upgrade if I go summits. But now if this finish is not offered I will just stick to black. Don’t like the flat silver, and I think chrome is too much.

So in all reality... no one has really seen what the Chrome looks like? Geez... I thought the pic I had up there was the chrome one... I'm baffled now with regards to the Chrome trim.

I guess all we really cleared up is that the $1K upgrade is for the matte aluminum.

Latest posts

Back