Summits are finally here

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliveatfive

Reaction score
Just this minute heard from my dealer. He is in posession of them and they'll be shipped to me Saturday morning. I'll issue a complete report when they're up and running.

BTW - Finally got to read the review of the Summits in HiFi News(British mag). Ken Kessler (ex-patriot American, BTW) went gaga over them. I hope I'll have the same reaction.

Dude... you're sooo lucky! I just keep telling myself, "...one day...one day."

Enjoy the Summits and dont forget to post pics!

:D

Joey -

Don't sweat it. When I was your age I had a pair of Advents and a cheap Sony integrated. My first upgrade (when my tt along with the amp was stolen) was another pair of Advents, a kit-built Dyna PAS 3 (preamp) and a kit-built Ampzilla power amp. This stuff was a far cry from what you've got!

Congratulations aliveatfive,

Enjoy those bad A$$ speakers.

P.S.
If they don’t work out for you, I will trade you may Ascents. It’s a small sacrifice to make sure a friend is happy. :D

I am over(under?)whelmed by the generosity.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Awesome! Perhaps i can enjoy them vicariously somehow.

Maybe.

congrats

Aliveatfive
many congrats and much musical happiness I suspect. Am green with envy!
Njoy :rolleyes:

aliveatfive said:
I am over(under?)whelmed by the generosity.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Not trying to "one up" Joe here but, we can work something out with my Ascent i's... I am sometimes way to giving...LOL

Congrats DUDE!!! :D

MarkNewbie said:
Not trying to "one up" Joe here but, we can work something out with my Ascent i's... I am sometimes way to giving...LOL

Congrats DUDE!!! :D

A set set of Ascents and a pair of polks? He He :D

Just for laughs -

When I bought the Summits, I traded in my 18 month-old pair of Ascent is. BTW - these have the more expensive aluminum side rails. When I made the purchase, the Vantage had not yet been announced. I was quoted a $2000 allowance on the Ascents by 3 different dealers. They all gave the exact same trade-in allowance. Apparently, that's the standard industry-set price. Now that the've been offiically discontinued, does anyone know what a new pair goes for? Also, what does a used pair go for at the present on Audiogon, etc,? Thanks for info, just curious.

aliveatfive said:
I was quoted a $2000 allowance on the Ascents by 3 different dealers. They all gave the exact same trade-in ... Also, what does a used pair go for at the present on Audiogon, etc,? Thanks for info, just curious.
2000 seems to be the ePay ballpark. audiogon is usually a bit more than ePay.

So this is the dilemma with selling a largish pair of MLs. Trade-in and take a loss or suffer the consequences of selling on the net with all the nonesense that goes with it. I sold a pair of Sequel IIs on the net. The transaction was smooth and the buyer was fine. UPS was another story! Over the phone, the person with whom I spoke said there would be no problem with delivery. When the truck arrived at my house, the guy refused to accept the boxes. He said they were too big. I finally had to load the truck with him. When they arrived at the home of the buyer, the woofer grilles were bashed in. I guess a trade is not so bad after all.

Last edited:
aliveatfive said:
So this is the dilemma with selling a largish pair of MLs. Trade-in and take a loss or suffer the consequences of selling on the net with all the nonesense that goes with it. I sold a pair of Sequel IIs on the net. The transaction was smooth and the buyer was fine. UPS was another story! Over the phone, the person with whom I spoke said there would be no problem with delivery. When the truck arrived at my house, the guy refused to accept the boxes. He said they were too big. I finally had to load the truck with him. When they arrived at the home of the buyer, the woofer grilles were bashed in. I guess a trade is not so bad after all.

That’s the risk’s you take when your dealing with speakers that are as big as the tree’s they are made out of.

Latest posts

Back