Summits and Halo gear?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyL999

Reaction score
I'm a happy ML owner with Ascents, Theater, and Descent in my system using Halo C2/A51 equipment. I'm wondering about upgrading to the Summits, but don't have the ability to audition them with Halo equipment.

By chance has anyone heard this combo, or have any advice? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

I own a halo A21 hooked up to ascents. These amps don't get enough press for how good they sound. I have the A21 hooked up to a modwright preamp and tubed sony 999es player. It's like being in the recording studio with the band. If it sounds great on your ascents it'll sound great on the summits.

RandyL999 said:
I'm a happy ML owner with Ascents, Theater, and Descent in my system using Halo C2/A51 equipment. I'm wondering about upgrading to the Summits, but don't have the ability to audition them with Halo equipment.

By chance has anyone heard this combo, or have any advice? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine.

I'm running my Summits off a lowly RB1070 and I'm getting some of the best sonic reproduction I've heard yet. Your Halo 51 should drive it fine. If need be, you can always move up the amplification chain a little later.

We use Parasound Halo gear on the ML speakers in our showroom and it works great! The sound of the new ESL's Summit, Vantage, and Vista are just spectacular. Bryston amplifiers also pair up extremely well.

RandyL999 said:

I have a C1, A21 and A51 on my setup and the Summits sound great! I'm sure you'll be happy with them. See my setup at the Members system #59.

RandyL999 said:

I have C1/ A51/ JC-1 Monoblocks, Its sound great with my Ascent I. I think JC-1 monoblocks will match well with the summits. :)

Back