Summit/Vantage Input Voltage????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexl911

Reaction score
Does anyone know how difficult it is to change the input voltage on a Summit or Vantage? I'm living in the UK right now but could be moving back to Canada in a couple of years. I would like to get a pair of Summits but don't want to be stuck with using a votage transformer when I move.

My CLS'es are very easy to change and the voltage boards are cheap.

Thanks,
Alex

Alex,

you'll need to change the power supply board. I had to change it on my Ascent when I moved back to France from Canada.

Can you tell me what's involved with changing the board? Can I change it myself? Any idea of cost?

Thanks,
Alex

For the ascent it's quite simple. The board is fixed on the rear of the cabinet. Easy to change yourself. But depending on warranty you probably need to go through an official ML vendor. It cost me something around 750 euros, including the cost of the technician who came to my place. It would be certainly cheaper to do the replacement in Canada.
Now for the Vantage/Summit you have the amp as well. I don't know what to do regarding the amp. It's best to contact Jim Power at ML for complete information.

Can you tell me what's involved with changing the board? Can I change it myself? Any idea of cost?

Thanks,
Alex

Hi,
On the Vantage and Summit's, you'll also need to make sure the onboard amplifiers can either have their input voltage changed, or that they are universal input (i.e. they work at all AC voltages from approx. 90V to 260V).

HTH,
Peter

Latest posts

Back