Summit to Expression Upgrade

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Due to a variety of circumstances my pair of Summits have just come out of 10 years of climate controlled storage. After vacuuming and a little warmup time they sound pretty wonderful just like my auditory memory hoped. My question is, has anyone done an upgrade from the Summits to the ESL 13A Expressions and what are experiences and thoughts? Room size is 17'9" L x 15'6" W x 9'6'' H. Primarily 2 channel music but Summits also serve as L/R of 5.1 surround. Thanks.

What I can say I spent allot of time with the Summits and with all the current ML models. I have to say if I did not own the CLX for the the sweet spot in the range I think the 13s are brilliant, I think they are an improvement on the Summits but I am not quite sure if I would actually upgrade if I already owned the Summits - I think I would do a demo for sure if you can.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm working on getting a demo set up, but think I probably need to refamiliarize myself with the Summits a bit longer.

Back