Summit Availability

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliveatfive

Reaction score
I posted a similar note as a response in another thread, but I got no answers, so here goes again.

I've been looking to audition the Summit (for a possible purchase) since the end of April. I visited three dealers during or slightly after that time. Two of the dealers that I visited were in Metropolitan NY and one was in Delaware. I was told by salespeople in all dealerships that ML would have units for audition in stores by early - mid May. I was also told that I would be contacted as soon as they had the Summit to display and hear. It's now getting to the end of July and I've been contacted by no one. I've also received no reply to my request for information from the ML web site. How many dealers actually have Summits to show? How many of you have actually heard it?

aliveatfive said:
I posted a similar note as a response in another thread, but I got no answers, so here goes again.

I've been looking to audition the Summit (for a possible purchase) since the end of April

(deleted)
How many dealers actually have Summits to show? How many of you have actually heard it?

Audio Advice in Raleigh NC has had a pair for quite a awhile. I heard them back when I was auditioning Ascents. They were attached to a stack of Classe' gear. I like them, although they do look unusual compared to typical MLs. They do sound better than the Ascents (duh!). The powered bass drivers make a very big difference in the low end.

aliveatfive said:
How many dealers actually have Summits to show? How many of you have actually heard it?

See the post "Summits" in the main discussion forum here for more on the Summit. I have heard them in Rockville, MD

Just went through Google to find dealer ads for the Summit as I have no desire to frequent a store which does not have it on display. Surprise - Harvey Online (a metropolitan NY dealer) has a pdf pamphlet online which lists the Summit now available in a mark II version. On the ML website, the number of optional finishes and trims has been drastically reduced. Does anyone have any info?

Back