Subwoofer recommendations

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After trying several arrangements with two subs, I purchased a connector long enough to get the second sub on the rear wall, facing forward and wow what an improvement that made! I’m keeping the B&W DB4S up by the stats and moved the larger Klipsch to the rear. Tight and deep, just what I always hoped it could be! Now….some sound absorbing panels for the front wall!

After trying several arrangements with two subs, I purchased a connector long enough to get the second sub on the rear wall, facing forward and wow what an improvement that made! I’m keeping the B&W DB4S up by the stats and moved the larger Klipsch to the rear. Tight and deep, just what I always hoped it could be! Now….some sound absorbing panels for the front wall!
I'm guessing the rear sub is as close to the center of the wall as can be, and centered on the listening position? Is it close in proximity to where you sit?

Yes it’s right next to my listening chair.
Can you feel the bass moving the air during something really big like an explosion? I need to do that. I only have 1 sub now. I just don't want to mess with running the speaker wire for the sub. The basement under the room is unfinished though, so it wouldn't be too hard to do. I'd have to drill through the nice hardwood floor.

Can you feel the bass moving the air during something really big like an explosion? I need to do that. I only have 1 sub now. I just don't want to mess with running the speaker wire for the sub. The basement under the room is unfinished though, so it wouldn't be too hard to do. I'd have to drill through the nice hardwood floor.
I only listen to music with this system but the bass is incredibly tight and deep, being able to strongly discern / feel / hear kick drum beats is awesome. You might consider a wireless sub if routing wiring is a pain. I haven’t tried a wireless sub but seems a logical option. I have the pricey sub up front, it’s very musical so I wanted it facing me, but putting the 12” Klipsch sub on the rear wall really made a difference on the low, deep end of the spectrum. Having it right there also makes fine tuning it easy while listening to the results.

Back