Subwoofer Question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmchism

Reaction score
So through my audio journey which started a few months ago, I've already taken some significent steps. I'm currently running my vantages with a rowland concerta pre and 201 mono blocks. The sound is stunning, but I'm now looking to add the depth sub to my setup to gain a little more "umph", and begin integrating the system into a HT setup as well.

My question is this:
The Rowland Concerta does not have sub out, but does have a second set of balanced outputs. While the depth only has rca input, connecting the two shouldn't be the issue. I am however concerned about hooking a sub to the pre-out and if anyone has any experience with either the rowlands or another similar setup with a subwoofer being used.

Cheers,
Chris

subwoofer from preamp

I am not that familiar with Rowland gear. However, getting a balanced to unbalanced converter plug is very straightforward (Cardas, I believe makes some). I am running two Descents from my preamp outputs (Pass XO.2) in conjunction with pair of Summits. The only thing you have to do is adjust relative level with subwoofer controls. This can be done with source containing significant bass. Subwoofer should not appear to be audible as a separate sound source, so less is more.

Latest posts

Back