Subdude Question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munster

Reaction score
A few members have reccommended this product and it seems to be just what I'm looking for. The problem is my sub is about 20" by 20" and the Dude is 15 x 23. Do you think it will still work if there is a 21/2 inch overhang on each side ?
My sub is the velodyne dd-18.

thanks

I have not see this product before this post.

http://www.auralexelite.com/sound_isolation_subdude/sound_isolation_subdude.asp
sub_1ht.jpg

The website offers little information. It appears to be a sheet of plastic granite "Corian" with light weight or acoustic foam under it.

Having not heard or tested this product, I'd suspect it would lessen the energy being transmitted a sprug floor (wood floor) which just may be your neighbours ceiling.

Is this always a good thing?

For my own system I prefer a sand-box type system (like those offered by Brightstar). The sand absorbs the excess energy so the energy is not transmitted back up into the subwoofer enclosure.

To answer your question, measure the three spike locations under your subwoofer. These points are the ones which require proper support and footing. If you are not using the provided spikes or four rubber feet in some cases you may have created a problem that needs fixing first.

I think someone did a review on them...but I could be mistaken and it could have been another sub-platform product. From what I remember, it received a very good review.

Dan

Thanks for the responses. the Subtrap is not practical as it would make a tower.

The Subdude is only $50 shipped so if I need two it's not that big a deal.

I really need to throttle down the wall shaking before one of the wife's mirrors takes a tumble and there be serious consequences.

Munster said:
Thanks for the responses. the Subtrap is not practical as it would make a tower.

The Subdude is only $50 shipped so if I need two it's not that big a deal.

I really need to throttle down the wall shaking before one of the wife's mirrors takes a tumble and there be serious consequences.

Your sub is a single driver front firing sub right? Try draping a blanket or towel over the back of the sub and see if the bass changes? It should tighten up and become more focused.

Back