Sub EQ

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amey01

Reaction score
Have just spent a lot of time setting up my new Behringer DSP1124p subwoofer equalizer. It took many wasted hours of precious listening time to set this thing up - measure, adjust, measure, adjust, measure - you get the picture, but what a difference - and not just with bass - with ALL aspects of the system, most notably the solidity of the centre image! Has anyone else found similar gains when using subwoofer EQ?

I've installed it on the video side of my system as I can't bear to have something so non-audiophile with the real components, but all is well!

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 78
amey01 said:
Have just spent a lot of time setting up my new Behringer DSP1124p subwoofer equalizer. It took many wasted hours of precious listening time to set this thing up - measure, adjust, measure, adjust, measure - you get the picture, but what a difference - and not just with bass - with ALL aspects of the system, most notably the solidity of the centre image! Has anyone else found similar gains when using subwoofer EQ?
When the bass is right, the rest the music can sound better.

Now that you have tried EQing, get into the room acoustics part with room treatments and you will be in for another great improvement.

Dan

DTB300 said:
When the bass is right, the rest the music can sound better.

Now that you have tried EQing, get into the room acoustics part with room treatments and you will be in for another great improvement.

Dan

I'd love to get into room treatments, but I have WAF to consider! My limit is covering the plasma with a wool blanket and closing blinds when listening!

amey01 said:
I'd love to get into room treatments, but I have WAF to consider! My limit is covering the plasma with a wool blanket and closing blinds when listening!
Some of the companies out there are making some very nice looking treatments. They are no longer having the "Recording Studio" looks, or large tubes. They are now covering them with very nice Gilfords of Maine fabrics, some are making traps that looks like pictures, etc. So the options are there to help get past the WAF and still achieve some better sound. And this better sound is achieved at a fraction of the cost of what some would pay for cables, components, etc. yet the trapping or treatments will return a much higher result.

Start with trying to purchase a couple of them that you can place behind the speakers stradling the corners for that initial bass trapping - again getting a color that would work with your current room colors. Then work you way up to adding some more tapping a little at a time later on.

Dan

Back