Stylos Panel Droop

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ML4Life

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Ok....any chance anyone knows how to move the panels back up into the correct placement on ML Stylos' ? There is about a 2 inch droop on 2 of them, a significant 6 inch on another. Gravity doing its thing.

MartinLogan | Stylos

If its like the other speakers, I own Prodigies, you have to loosen the screws that hold that panel in and then slide it back up. Then retighten the screws. You should contact Martin Logan and see if that have the stat stop clips for that model. They gave me some for my Prodigy speakers. They are small metal clips that fasten at the bottom of the panel and stop it from sliding down again.

There is wood over the panel edges and there wasnt anything I could see to take off.
Martin Logan may have a service guide that shows you how to take it apart.

On the Prodigy, the screws are on the inside surface of the wood. If you manage to get the panel back in place, it will slowly slip down again unless you install those stat stops.

The removal will be different than The Prodigy. On the request and the SL3 the wood needed to be knocked either from the bottom or from the top to remove the side rails from the key holes that hold the wood rails in place.The panels have a tack strip in place to hold them you will need to replace that. I give you the instructions to remove the two speakers I’m familiar with which are in the same generation. WARNING!!!! It may or may not be the correct way to handle the stylos speakers.

I would check with ML before you do anything to see if they have stat stop brackets for that model so that they dont start sliding down once again.

Back