Still diggin the Summits after 8 months

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Reaction score
I've had the Summits for 8 months so far and what a great speaker. I've owned several models of Logans and used them in my home with various combinations of source components, cables, amplifiers and in different rooms in my home and elsewhere. I'm very familiar with thier performance and the Summits and my system which I am very familiar with is now the standard by which I judge other speakers and systems. Some systems I've heard come close but none have sounded better to me. I am also very aware that I have yet to hear them at thier full potential since I have much room for improvement with my particular room acoustics.

I find some reviews lack a great deal of credibility since they make a high-profile evaluation based on a limited one-time audition of these speakers in a less than optimum setup during a visit to a sales dealership. Improper setup or even a single lacking component can make any system sound bad. It takes everything performing optimally, properly tamed room acoustics and correct speaker positioning for a system to sound it's best.

If the overall sound is great then the system is obviously working well. If not then further evaluation is warranted. Is the item being evaluated really the cause? How do we know it is not something else. Many variables are involved in how a system sounds and room acoustics is just one of many variables. I take those reviews with a "grain of salt".

There are many great speakers to choose from but I'm happy with my Summits. in my opinion and based on my limited experiences in the past year, they get my vote for "speaker of the year" in it's price range.

Ditto

Craig,

Having previously owned the CLS2A's, the Aerius, the SL3's, and now the Summits, I totally agree with your insights. What a wonderful product ML has produced. Happy listening.

GG

PS: Sure wish I still had those CLS2A's though. Very fond memory of their sound but the Summits are more dynamic with much better headroom for those rock and roll evenings.

Craig, glad to hear you're a happy camper as am I with my Vantage's !!

Back