Statement E2x photo?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverb2009

Reaction score
I was nosing around the Internet as usual when I stumbled across coverage from CEDIA’04 and a Photo of the ML Statements. At first I thought it was the E2 until I saw the $120,000 dollar price tag, looking closely at them it looks like the panels have the MicroPerf stator technology which to my knowledge has never been on the Statement till now with the introduction of the E2x. So correct me if I am wrong but here is the Martin Logan Statement E2x.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_3/cedia-2004/show-report-cedia-2004-page-1.html

"Martin Logan displayed their "Statement" piece, which has a 6 foot electrostatic panel (framed in red) for most of the audio spectrum, an array of cone mid-bass drivers to the left of the electrostatic panel, and four subwoofer modules, shown to the far left. Price is $120,000 for a pair of speakers."

Attachments

• cedia-2004-martin-logan-statement-speakers.jpg
    cedia-2004-martin-logan-statement-speakers.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2,798
visually there is very little difference in the 2x's. the micro perf panels, a new outboard x-over, and some passive tweaking is the only real changes as i understand it.

altho, i talked to a logan engineer and it seems the statements are going under a major re-do for next year.

The New Statement™ e2x

• Stereo Main
• Home Theater Front

XStat™ Transducer • CLS™ (Curvilinear Line Source) • Ultimate Crossover Engineering • EXOS™ Active Crossover • BalancedForce™ • 18Hz Accuracy • Super-Dense Chassis • World-Class Finish

The Statement™ project has always epitomized the culmination of engineering, passion, and dedication to the ultimate sound reproduction system—the heart and soul of MartinLogan. The new Statement™ e2x infuses the legendary Statement™ e2 loudspeaker with proprietary XStat™ transducer technology, a refined crossover topology and the finest finishes available—raising the standard for ultimate performance and aesthetics.
The Statement™ e2x incorporates nearly a ton of flawlessly designed audio technology, standing 7-feet tall with 6-foot XStat™ CLS ESL transducers, 16 proprietary dipolar dynamic drivers and 16 Balanced-Force ™ 12-inch bass drivers seamlessly enveloped by a breathtaking sculpture of ultra-high density material, stainless steel and solid hardwoods. From its 350-pound Loganite™ chassis to the stainless steel tips of its custom designed, hand-milled ETC ™ spikes, every assembly, every line, every element, and every performance represents our commitment to sonic precision.

XStat™ Transducer Technology for Unparalleled Realism
MartinLogan's new XStat™ electrostatic transducer builds upon our superb electrostatic heritage with the introduction of advanced Vacuum Bonding and MicroPerf stat panels, resulting in even greater efficiency and precision from already superior electrostatic transducers. The Statement™ e2x's custom 6-foot tall XStat™ transducer constitutes the pinnacle of sound reproduction technology, reproducing recorded sound with unbounded effortlessness, infinite accuracy and real world 3-dimensional sound staging that defies description. With XStat™ technology, MartinLogan has successfully established a higher standard for resolution, detail, sound staging, and dynamics.

Refined Crossover Topology for Ultimate Integration
Harnessing the power of the new XStat™ transducer, the refined Statement™ e2x crossover network seamlessly blends the electrostatic transducer with 32 low-frequency drivers—delivering exacting levels of power and precision from 18 to 22,000 Hertz. Improvements to the EXOS™ active crossover render cleaner, more detailed and better-articulated low bass, providing total and uncompromised tailoring within the most exacting listening environment.

World-Class Fit and Finish
Statement™ e2x boasts an upgraded cabinet finish even more opulent than that previously available. The result? An attractive, luxurious, durable, high-end gloss-finish consistent with the world's most sought after performance products.

Well I'm looking into getting the upgrades for the Statement but Bonedust you just stopped me right in my tracks. What kind of overhaul do you refer to of the Statements have you heard about?

Barbados said:
Well I'm looking into getting the upgrades for the Statement but Bonedust you just stopped me right in my tracks. What kind of overhaul do you refer to of the Statements have you heard about?

i didnt get specifics. in fact, im not sure i was supposed to get that much info. but it was refered to as a 'major overhaul'. who knows? maybe Gail will bring in Chip Foose as a consultant ;)

"Overhaulin'"

Foose might not do too bad a job (lol sarcastically)....As long as he doesn't bring on those knucklehead co-hosts too! :D

Well...one thing's for sure..I ain't paying for the newer system. I think I'll just upgrade the panels and crossovers and look forward to my new room.

Also, I got one of the first production statements in flat black so I'm thinking of taking everything down and painting everything that is matte with some BMW gunmetal or titanium automotive paint. I can't tell from your pics..do you have the newer glossy finish?

i have the new x-over on order already, should have it next week. the panel upgrade is like $10k. maybe next year.

yeah, mine are flat as well. but il going to disassemble it all and have it shot in audi pearl charcoal. then i want to get the rails painted a cobalt blue.

im alo having a new theater built, so ill wait till i have to move them to get them painted

Bonedust,

Besides the new EXOS, what is involved in the passive section? Do you have to solder individual components?

Cobalt blue rails sounds stunning! I asume you're talking about the wooden trim. Goodluck removing them though. They're a _____.

I am also milling the midbass towers rear supports out of 7075 aluminum. More on this in a few months..

Last edited:
Barbados said:
I am also milling the midbass towers rear supports out of 7075 aluminum. More on this in a few months..

on the passive upgrade...i have no idea.

i had custom milled aluminum rails made for my requests and i had horrible resonace problems....being that you are doing the whole support may change things. if it works out, let me know! that would be a killer look!

Bonedust said:
on the passive upgrade...i have no idea.

i had custom milled aluminum rails made for my requests and i had horrible resonace problems....being that you are doing the whole support may change things. if it works out, let me know! that would be a killer look!

The ML summit employs a solid billet of aluminum for the stator frame. I am pretty positive I'll be ok. Just a hell of a lot of aluminum...

Back