Quantcast

Split of main forum

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

amey01

Reaction score
Why has the main discussion thread been split? I can understand different points of view, but in my opinion it is certainly easier to have everything together, rather than having to click on several different forums to read all the day's dialogue.

Joey_V

Reaction score
I noticed that too.

I liked it better before, where everything was mostly in 1 forum. Now there's 2 off-topics... etc... etc...

For me, it felt more homey the way it was.

risabet

Reaction score
I agree, the new split is user unfriendly, IMO.

Reverb

Reaction score
I disagree,

I like the new layout. Main forum is for Martin Logan talk only, because…well…this is a Martin Logan owner’s forum after all.

2nd forum is for AV talk not related to Martin Logan, and the 3rd non-AV chitchat. Change can be difficult some times, but this change makes a lot of sense to me.

My 2 cents. ;)

Joey_V

Reaction score
While I agree that the split organizes things a bit... I feel that it isnt as homey as it was before. I used to just click on 2 forums, the Main and the Systems page.

Now, I have to click to Off topic 1 and Off topic 2, plus Main and Systems.

I understand it's a clean up process, but I prefer the way it was before. It's like a party... you dont want to be split up into several rooms. Before, I loved coming in and finding 10 threads that are new in the Main forum. Now, there's like 1 or 2 each time I come in. The others are split in the O/T forums and I dont even go there as much.

It just doesnt feel right for some reason.

Maybe it's just me. :(

DTB300

Reaction score
Personally, I do not mind it. Since I visit here everyday, all I have to do is click the NEW POSTS and I see all new threads or responses since I was last on. The only time I click on multiple forums is to possibly go back looking for a thread...but then the search function takes care of that.

Dan

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
WOW. Took you guys long enuff to mention it!

I was kinda wondering when I would hear some comments on this... :)

Like DTB300, I mostly use the "New Posts" feature to read stuff , so it pulls everything up on one screen that has been posted since I last logged on... I encourage you all to use this feature too as it will make your experience on the site the same, no matter how many additional forums are added.

The Main discussion forum was cluttered with stuff all over the spectrum, but all dealing with audio and/or video which really isn't ML related, but good reading and essential to this site, so I just thought it would be more organized this way and that would make it a better experience for those people new to the site as well as guests who are just browsing (they don't have the "new posts" feature).

Tom.

Last edited:

sleepysurf

Reaction score
I agree that the split is a good idea. Us "regulars" can just click on "New Posts" to see everything, and "Guests" can surf in the various Forum sections.

Rich

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The coolest thing about this forum split is reading this thread and finding out about the "New Posts" feature. Cool. It makes daily surfing of the forum so much easier than clicking back and forth between categories looking for the new threads. Are there any other tricks I need to know about?

TomDac

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL.. you guys are KILLIN' me!!!

:D

Lesson #2 - using the SEARCH and ADVANCED SEARCH functions!

Lesson #3 - Donating money to the site! <eg>

kach22i

Reaction score
The new change works for me, the old way was alright too.

Did my Porsche thead push it over the top?

amey01

Reaction score
I still liked it better the way it was - sure it is neater this way, and more logical - but is just not as easy to use. I like clicking on one forum, not multiple. The "New Posts" feature is great - was good to find out about that though! - although it does seem to get a bit confused when I log in from different computers - not sure why that is.

kach22i

Reaction score
The OFF TOPIC AUDIO/VIDEO section, MUST be directly under the Main Discussion Forum or the whole thing breaks down.

I hate the new layout, just took time to get on my nerves I guess.

Was it this way before 2007 Get-Together was added? I don't think so.

TomDac

Staff member
Reaction score
When I added the new forum for the get-together, I didn't realize I had changed the order of the other forums...

kach22i

Reaction score
Cool, now I can march down the list - most important things at the top.

Latest posts