Quantcast

Spell Checker

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

taylode

Reaction score
I can't remember when but I seem to recall a thread about adding a spell checker to this site. IIRC, the site isn't capable of adding that functionality. :( However, I came across a nice work around. I added a Google tool bar to my browser and it has a spell checker that will check your spelling on any website you type on. It works pretty well too! :D If you're a lousy speller like me you may want to give it a try.

Robin

Reaction score
Spell checker...

taylode said:
I can't remember when but I seem to recall a thread about adding a spell checker to this site. IIRC, the site isn't capable of adding that functionality. :( However, I came across a nice work around. I added a Google tool bar to my browser and it has a spell checker that will check your spelling on any website you type on. It works pretty well too! :D If you're a lousy speller like me you may want to give it a try.
Dennis,

Yes, I was the one who wanted a spell checker. How do I go about adding the Google tool bar to my browser? I am very interested in this as an option, Please help... :confused:

Cheers

-Robin

Reverb

Reaction score
I have been typing my post's in MS word first and then copy and pasting them to the thread.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
taylode said:
What's IIRC??

Peter Hogan

Reaction score
Robin said:
Dennis,

Yes, I was the one who wanted a spell checker. How do I go about adding the Google tool bar to my browser? I am very interested in this as an option, Please help... :confused:

Cheers

-Robin
Hi,
Go to www.google.com, click on the "more" icon, and it will be in the lower right of the page that comes up.

HTH,
Peter

aliveatfive

Reaction score
How about a grammar checker? People tend to put commas all over the place where they do not belong. Also. while I'm ranting, the plural of words do not contain an apostrophe. 's idicates possesive.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
aliveatfive said:
How about a grammar checker? People tend to put commas all over the place where they do not belong. Also. while I'm ranting, the plural of words do not contain an apostrophe. 's idicates possesive.
Thank you... The whole, apostrophe's thing really irk's me.

:D

You know I HAD to do that, right?

MarkNewbie

Reaction score
While we are on the subject of what "irks" us. What can we do about these people who type their posts at such a slow rate? Can someone let them know that not all of us read "slow"? They can type faster! :mad: For those of you slow typers that this is directed to, I am typing this real slow so that you will get every word of it... And for those of you that didn't get it the first time, I re-typed it again below even slower. :eek:

While we are on the subject of what "irks" us. What can we do about these people who type their posts at such a slow rate? Can someone let them know that not all of us read "slow"? They can type faster! :mad: For those of you slow typers that this is directed to, I am typing this real slow so that you will get every word of it... ;)

Robin

Reaction score
Google - Spell Checker

Peter Hogan said:
Hi,
Go to www.google.com, click on the "more" icon, and it will be in the lower right of the page that comes up.

HTH,
Peter
Peter,

Thank you very much, I installed the Google - spell checker. I'm going to check it out with this post... It works great! I going to look at installing a Google 'Grammer Checker', if possible... ;)

Thanks again,

Cheers

-Robin

Robin

Reaction score
Google Grammar Checker...

No soap... Google doesn't offer a 'Grammar Check', unfortunately. Oh well, maybe someday they will... :eek: Sadly, I'm as terrible with grammar (punctuation) as I am with spelling. If anyone knows where I can install a grammar check 'Tool Bar' please let me know. I apologize in advance to all here for my poor grammar... ;)

Cheers

-Robin

aliveatfive

Reaction score
TomDac said:
Thank you... The whole, apostrophe's thing really irk's me.

:D

You know I HAD to do that, right?
well,im glad,that it''s out, in, the open, know. 'so, there!

Robin

Reaction score
Peter Hogan said:
Hi,

HTH,
Peter
Peter,

I couldn't load the google - spell checker 'Tool Bar' at work. My work has a 'block' on the browser... :rolleyes: Oh well, at least at home I can have google - spell checker 'Tool Bar'... :eek:

Cheers

-Robin

Sky Saw

Reaction score
OK, I use apostrophes when I write Ascent-i's, so that people don't think I'm writing Ascent is. Otherwise I'm clean.

The first sign of a forum that is going to start developing a bunch of threads that go the way of Godwin's Law is when the members start going at one another.

Audio is so full of ambiguity, I enjoy the diversity of the ideas and expression of MLC members. The only time it bothers me is when there is no punctuation at all.

MarkNewbie

Reaction score
I guess my humor or lack thereof is going unoticed? Or perhaps being ignored? Common, I thought it was funny! Are you people trying to tell me I am warped or something? Hehehe. :D I thought at the very least "someone" would comment. :confused:

Robin

Reaction score
Sorry, Mark...

MarkNewbie said:
I guess my humor or lack thereof is going unoticed? Or perhaps being ignored? Common, I thought it was funny! Are you people trying to tell me I am warped or something? Hehehe. :D I thought at the very least "someone" would comment. :confused:
Mark,

I'm sorry, I must be too tried, as your fun comment went right by me, over my head... :D Better luck next time I'm afraid, but I appreciate the attempt, please keep trying. Their needs to be more humor in the world, along with peace on earth and good will towards men... :D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cheers

-Robin

MarkNewbie

Reaction score
Robin said:
Mark,

I'm sorry, I must be too tried, as your fun comment went right by me, over my head... :D Better luck next time I'm afraid, but I appreciate the attempt, please keep trying. Their needs to be more humor in the world, along with peace on earth and good will towards men... :D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cheers

-Robin
Ahhh, Robin. You are certainly the sweetest. Thank you for being you! :)

Robin

Reaction score
Peace on Earth Good will to Men and Women...

MarkNewbie said:
Ahhh, Robin. You are certainly the sweetest. Thank you for being you! :)
Mark,

Well thank you for the kind words... :) You are sweet too... :p
Oh, I almost forgot here's wishing peace on earth good will to men and women... :D

Cheers

-Robin

taylode

Reaction score
MarkNewbie said:
STOP! I haven't finished reading your last post!