Speaker Cables

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MLfan

In the user's manual for the Clarity speakers it states "Use the best speaker cables you can." Other than the info on using the shortest run possible this is of little use to someone that knows nothing about speaker cables. I have searched the net and found two mfgs that seem ok to me. Signal and Eichman express. Am I at least on the right track or headed for disaster? Cables can be expensive and making an uninformed choice could be a waste of money better spent. I checked out SVS subs and they suggest Better Cables to be the brand of choice. This is for sure a case where ignorance is not bliss----Please help.

Last edited:
Well, I hope no one frowns on this one, but this guy is great, these are hand made in washington. The quality is one of the best I have ever seen. I have spoken with john that owns the company. Serice is incredible, I ordered mine on Sunday, at my Florida door thursday. All custom made lenghs and connectors. I bought this same item, but bought 2 sets, 4 pairs in other words, not the bi-wire set. It reduced the cost by half or so. So yes I run very high quality 150.00 cables on my mains. Sorry I can't justify thousnads of bucks on cables. Check out "sellers other items" disregard the Ebay part of it, thats his method of advertising. If you give him a call he will share with you a very interesting Raymond vs. Nordost story. I know they are not high priced, but they are wonderful cables IMO. Jon http://cgi.ebay.com/12-QUAD-10GA-Sp...ryZ14966QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Please try before you buy!

Dear MLfan,

I'd strongly recommend that you don't spend your money on any cables unless you first audition them in your system. The interaction between the driving amplifier and the speaker cable often seems to be the largest variable, so I'm not sure that there are any constants in terms of one cable in isolation being better than another.

For what its worth, I've had great success with both Audioquest Caldera and Townshend Isolda DCT, however both gave variable results with different amps.

Cheers

I have always liked audioquest cables -- I used to use them exclusively. Someone suggested I try the Anti-Cables by Paul Speltz, and I really liked them while I used them. Right now I'm using SonicLink / Black Rhodium S300's. No question about it, they really bring home theater to life, and my jazz CDs sound better than ever. :D

Just my .02 worth,

Neshamah (Steve)

Looks cool to me Jon...BTW hows the center working out?

Hope alls well on your end!! Alls well here..Peace, Pogue

jon7988 said:
Well, I hope no one frowns on this one, but this guy is great, these are hand made in washington. The quality is one of the best I have ever seen. I have spoken with john that owns the company. Serice is incredible, I ordered mine on Sunday, at my Florida door thursday. All custom made lenghs and connectors. I bought this same item, but bought 2 sets, 4 pairs in other words, not the bi-wire set. It reduced the cost by half or so. So yes I run very high quality 150.00 cables on my mains. Sorry I can't justify thousnads of bucks on cables. Check out "sellers other items" disregard the Ebay part of it, thats his method of advertising. If you give him a call he will share with you a very interesting Raymond vs. Nordost story. I know they are not high priced, but they are wonderful cables IMO. Jon http://cgi.ebay.com/12-QUAD-10GA-Sp...ryZ14966QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tom, You the man, the center channel is great. My better half and I thank you. I know I am in the minority here, but I can only justify so much on cables, I think there are some myths out there, but hey I buy used center channels also, so maybe I am just cheap. BTW anyone need nice (white) scripts, the previous poster (thepogue) is your guy, The center channel was in mint shape, and packing was supurb, Thanks again Tom.

Back