Sorting in systems

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

D

docknow

Hi, great site. I have a suggestion. Change all the thread names to start with the ML model, then have system # at end. That way we can sort by thread and find all the systems of the same model grouped together. This woudl be a work around for how the old site was set-up.

-jim

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
you can sort them any which way you'd like, actually... Default sorting is by last post, so if someone posts a comment on one, it will be at the top of the list.

Tom.

TheBobGoat

Reaction score
Tom, did you keep all the info about past and current ML models from the old site around? I remember you had fact sheets about everything before. Thanks
bg

D

docknow

Sorting

TomDac-

The goal of my post was to be able to see all the systems with certain speaker models with relative ease (like the old site). As it is now, I can not sort on and see alll systems with CLS's for instance (of course there aren't many yet, but hopefully there will be).

Given the constraints of only being able to sort on the fields provided by the forum software, I suggest turning "System #30 (CLS IIz)" into "CLS IIz System #30". If done for all systems, sorting by "thread" will tend to group the systems by model. This is much better than sorting in order they were created, which is pretty much irrelevant.

Thanks,

-jim

Peter_Klim

Reaction score
docknow said:
TomDac-

The goal of my post was to be able to see all the systems with certain speaker models with relative ease (like the old site). As it is now, I can not sort on and see alll systems with CLS's for instance (of course there aren't many yet, but hopefully there will be).

Given the constraints of only being able to sort on the fields provided by the forum software, I suggest turning "System #30 (CLS IIz)" into "CLS IIz System #30". If done for all systems, sorting by "thread" will tend to group the systems by model. This is much better than sorting in order they were created, which is pretty much irrelevant.

Thanks,

-jim
I think that is a good idea, but also a bad idea. I like to be able to sort by system # so that I can easily see the newer systems that I hadn't seen yet. Maybe there is a way to sort for either system # or speaker model? Can another column be added containing the speaker model?

TheBobGoat

Reaction score
what was the reason for dumping the first site in the first place? was it just to add the forum..or just too much upkeep?

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
TheBobGoat said:
what was the reason for dumping the first site in the first place? was it just to add the forum..or just too much upkeep?
It was just too much upkeep for one person to handle. Some parts of it I really liked, but the forum software was hard to maintain.