Some Vantage questions

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhorn

Reaction score
Heard the Vantages for the first time at Audio Systems in Austin,Tx. They sell highend as it should be sold. They stress the music and not the equipement.

1. Why does the Vantage have two binding posts is the woofer section is powered?

2. Is the Vantage too much speaker for a living room 15 ft wide and 13 ft deep?

3. Off the subject, is it possible the new multi-use Stage speaker will be the Aeon replacement?

Thank you answering my questions.

1. This feature is in place so that if people already own a set of bi-wire cables, they don't have to go out and buy new cables. I had the same question when I first started looking at the summits(which have the same wiring layout). I had to call ML presonally on that one because I was a little confused myself at first.

2. As long as you have enough space to set them up correctly they should sound great. I know you gave the room size, but I'm not sure what else you have in there.

3. The Stage is supposed to be the new center channel speaker, but just like thier other center speakers, you could probably use them as surround/effect speakers. It should not be the Aeon's replacement since it's a totally different speaker. The Stage would be more like the Theateri's replacement. I would imagine that an Aeon replacement would be along the same design as the Vantage, but on a smaller scale. Most likely non-powered. But of course, that's all speculation.

Regarding the Aeon-i replacement, I contacted Logan and they told me that they are about 1-2 years from unveiling the new replacement. Just an FYI. :)

Joey_V said:
Regarding the Aeon-i replacement, I contacted Logan and they told me that they are about 1-2 years from unveiling the new replacement. Just an FYI. :)

Thanks, ML will probably replace the Clarity and Aeon at the same time.

kdiddy said:
1. This feature is in place so that if people already own a set of bi-wire cables, they don't have to go out and buy new cables. I had the same question when I first started looking at the summits(which have the same wiring layout). I had to call ML presonally on that one because I was a little confused myself at first.

2. As long as you have enough space to set them up correctly they should sound great. I know you gave the room size, but I'm not sure what else you have in there.

3. The Stage is supposed to be the new center channel speaker, but just like thier other center speakers, you could probably use them as surround/effect speakers. It should not be the Aeon's replacement since it's a totally different speaker. The Stage would be more like the Theateri's replacement. I would imagine that an Aeon replacement would be along the same design as the Vantage, but on a smaller scale. Most likely non-powered. But of course, that's all speculation.

The sofa will be along the long wall. I am familiar with the triangle set up,with the listener being at the bottom of the triangle. I am wandering if 15x13 too small for these beautiful speakers.

I has my old Sequel II's set up in a 15x 12 room when I lived at home. I never found it too large at all. Taking the time to provide proper placement is the key. Hold your breath to hear the Stage, supposedly it's being released the second quarter this year? :mad:

kdiddy said:

The stage is listed as a multi-purpose speaker that can be used as a Center channel, Front, surround, or stereo main. The stage is set to replace the theater, but it is unclear what will happen to the cinema center.

We will see.

If what my dealer told me is accurate last time we spoke is that the Cinema will be discontinued once the Stage is in production The story circulating is getting the Stage to voice as good or better than the Theater i which is what's causing it's delay to be released! The Theater i is still being produced.

Is it possible the Stage will be like a big, electrostatic Fresco?

Can be mounted below a screen, or as surrounds, or left and right vertically for mains?

It seems that might make sense since the Fresco has been popular (right?)

That a new Electrostatic speaker in that form factor/segment would be produced would make sense to me.

Are there any pre-production photos?

-Allen

akm3 said:
Is it possible the Stage will be like a big, electrostatic Fresco?

Can be mounted below a screen, or as surrounds, or left and right vertically for mains?

It seems that might make sense since the Fresco has been popular (right?)

That a new Electrostatic speaker in that form factor/segment would be produced would make sense to me.

Are there any pre-production photos?

-Allen

Allen,

The only info we have from ML is what was posted on the coming soon page at martinlogan.com. I posted the link below.

http://www.martinlogan.com/itscoming/Stage.asp

Last edited:
longhorn, allow me to chime in with my two cents worth. Question #2 regarding your room size, your width(15') is fine, I do feel that the depth(13') will be a compromise at best given the fact that the speakers need to be 2-3 feet(min) from your front wall that will put your listening position smack up against your rear wall, not good. I trully love my Vantage's but I also know that unless you can give them the room they need you will never hear their true potential. I realize most of us have to deal with various "listening room challenges" and hopefully you can somehow adjust. Good Luck !!

twich54 said:
longhorn, allow me to chime in with my two cents worth. Question #2 regarding your room size, your width(15') is fine, I do feel that the depth(13') will be a compromise at best given the fact that the speakers need to be 2-3 feet(min) from your front wall that will put your listening position smack up against your rear wall, not good. I trully love my Vantage's but I also know that unless you can give them the room they need you will never hear their true potential. I realize most of us have to deal with various "listening room challenges" and hopefully you can somehow adjust. Good Luck !!

Thanks, I was thinking along the same line. The dealer has offered to let me take some Vantages home with me when my house is finished and try to them out. I will then see if the 13ft dept issue will be a problem.

I may have to wait for the Aeon/Clarity replacement.

longhorn said:
I may have to wait for the Aeon/Clarity replacement.

I was just about to do the same thing.... but seems like I cant really wait that long. If anything, I'll get the replacements and make them my surrounds.. we'll see, I havent gotten the Vantage yet.

Back