Some help with line stabilizers...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thepogue

Reaction score
HI all...Just picked up two Tripplite Isobar Line Stabilizer/Surge Protectors for my system. I had a certified POS before so I'm very much pleased with the lower noise ceiling from the Tripps...but I've got two questions. I've got my amps plugged into the Tripps and I've head that's not a good idea...I've not had any issues to date but I've not cranked my system since using the Tripps..so what the buzz?...what is it not a good practice to plug your amps in to a surge protector...

the second thought is my units have eight outlets each...I run mono blocks so my system is pretty much split down the middle...one Tripp had the amp, pre, TT, DAC and a single speaker and the other has amp, CD, DVD (for burnt CD's as my parasound doesn't like them) and a single speaker. the eight plugs have four outlets that are marked "Isolated" and the other four are marked noise filters "first level, second lever...etc...etc.."...I plugged my amp, speakers, pre and TT in the isolated outlets first...then just filled in the rest...anyone got any thoughts on this?...thanks for the help!!

Pogue

Back