Solder stator wires?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjcarr

Reaction score
I was reading the Sequel cleaning PDF and noticed that there is a junction between the stator panels and the x-over/power supply. Obviously to facilitate panel replacement. I'm wondering if there is a potential sonic benifit from removing this and soldering the wires together. Of course this makes changing the panels a lot harder, but then that's not done often. Has anyone tried this?

James

I just replaced the original terminals that ML uses for the Stator wiring.
As I had lots of corrosion and carbon built up.

I silver soldered the ends of the cables, but still used a terminal block, as I am replacing my Stators very soon.

You can see my handy work in the Tweaks section under Martin Logan Shower Cleaning PDF thread.

I am looking to replace the cables to the stator once the new ones arrive, I just haven't worked out how I am going to do it, or maybe I should wait until the Warranty has expired, then look at doing this. :D
How long is the Warranty on the Stators anyway????

Cheers
Steve

Try Walker SST

I coated the stator wires with Walker SST after cleaning them. Hard to know how big a change this made, as I also cleaned and SST'ed the AC IEC connector and the AC cord.

However, I think my system has never sounded better. No component changes, just been systematically going through and cleaning and putting on SST. Still have to do the turntable and the amp ...

Once a year I tear down my entire system and clean all the connections (no, not the ML wires like y'all are talking about here). I use Caig De-Oxit and Caig Pro Gold on every RCA (male and female) and spade connector for speaker wires and posts on the system. Takes a few hours to accomplish, which makes it hard to "really" determine if a change takes place, but I do believe there is a change and for the better. So I also believe that what you have done on the stator connector has helped the sound.

Dan

See Tweeks section

I decided to do a writeup in the tweeks section. It's moderated so it should show up there soon. I'll document all the steps there.

DTB300 said:
Once a year I tear down my entire system and clean all the connections (no, not the ML wires like y'all are talking about here). I use Caig De-Oxit and Caig Pro Gold on every RCA (male and female) and spade connector for speaker wires and posts on the system. Takes a few hours to accomplish, which makes it hard to "really" determine if a change takes place, but I do believe there is a change and for the better. So I also believe that what you have done on the stator connector has helped the sound.

Dan

I do the same thing every 6 to 12 months. It brings the life back into the system, and you probably did even know it was gone. Caig’s is good stuff. :D

The Ascents have a small door that hides the terminals the connect the stator to the crossover/charging unit, I clean those terminals as well as the IEC socket and binding post on the Ascents. Makes a big improvement in sound along with a good vacuuming on the panels.

Last edited:
Agreed everytime you get the bug to ugrade your cables clean everything first you might be surprised. I do it every 6 months using Kontack and then treating with Walker SST there is always a noticeable differance.

Back