SMS-1 is now in stock and shipping

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTB300

Reaction score
Here is a post from AVS on SMS-1 from Bruce Hall of Velodyne

"SMS-1 Shipping: I am pleased to announce that the SMS-1 is now in stock and shipping. If your dealer does not have their order in, a gentle reminder might be in order!"

Cool!

Well Dan when you get yours you will have to give us your review. I am going to have to pass on the SMS-1 for now; I just purchased a new car, so no new toys for a wile. :(

Take Care

Hopefully it will be here by next weekend as the store I will be getting it from had placed their order a couple of weeks ago. I will keep all posted.

Dan

Sms-1...

DTB300 said:
Hopefully it will be here by next weekend as the store I will be getting it from had placed their order a couple of weeks ago. I will keep all posted.

Dan

Dan,

I, for one, anxiously await your review of the SMS-1. :D

I had to wait a few minutes, just to compose myself, in order to write this post, I couldn't stop laughing... :D
Dan, does Rodney Dangerfield write your signatures? Your signatures are so, funny... :D As you change them, I really enjoy all the new jokes. :D

Thanks again, Dan

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
Dan,

I, for one, anxiously await your review of the SMS-1. :D

I had to wait a few minutes, just to compose myself, in order to write this post, I couldn't stop laughing... :D
Dan, does Rodney Dangerfield write your signatures? Your signatures are so, funny... :D As you change them, I really enjoy all the new jokes. :D

Thanks again, Dan

Cheers

-Robin

I too , fallow his posts to laugh at his weekly thoughts on things , great stuff,

Robin said:
Dan, does Rodney Dangerfield write your signatures? Your signatures are so, funny... :D As you change them, I really enjoy all the new jokes.

Currently I use Rodney Dangerfield and Jay London quotes for the signatures. Their one-liners are great and I really love that kind of humor.

I am glad everyone enjoys them.

Dan

Keep the laughs coming...

DTB300 said:
Currently I use Rodney Dangerfield and Jay London quotes for the signatures. Their one-liners are great and I really love that kind of humor.

I am glad everyone enjoys them.

Dan

Dan,

Please keep the jokes coming. They are truly a delight... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Back on track, I ordered my SMS-1 yesterday and should have it in seven to ten days. :D

The SMS-1 is now in the house..... Report to follow soon....

Very nice packing of the unit and accessories....

Dan

In the house...?

Dan,

Please the excitement is killing me... :eek: What do you think, Dan?
Please don't keep us on tender hooks... :)

If Kruppy gets to come over and play..., Why can't the rest of us? :D

Cheers

-Robin

Just let me know what time all your flights arrive and I will be more than glad to offer taxi service :rolleyes: Let's try to schedule them close to each other, ok?

Dan

Working on it as I am going through the many options and numberous settings getting used to using the unit.

Quick impression - Excellent change to the low end detail.

In Bypass mode - Boomy bass, sometimes overwhelming the music unless turned down, then with low volume levels the bass can become non-existant.

EQ Engaged: No boom, hearing parts of instruments that were veiled before. Able to add more volume without adding boom either when needed or wanted.

Very easy to change from EQ to Bypass mode to hear the difference.

When I first set it up, I did the quick and dirty auto-EQ, and listened. I thought what difference did it make? Switch to Bypass Mode...ah ha...that's the difference!!!! Played some more with manual EQ of the 8 Parametric Bands and Sub Settings and things are even better than the auto-EQ.

I will be sitting down and writing a more detailed review in the coming days, but I will want to play around and get a real good feel for it.

Dan

Glad to here your enjoying it Dan.

Is there more too it then hooking up a mic, and running the auto calibration? Can you tweak it for more Bass or is that it after auto EQ?

Zip3kx07 said:
Glad to here your enjoying it Dan.
So far...and getting more out of it as I explore and see how different changes affect the response

Is there more too it then hooking up a mic, and running the auto calibration? Can you tweak it for more Bass or is that it after auto EQ?

Quick and dirty. Hook up the mic, auto EQ and done.

But there are many more things you can do with it to manipulate the response. There are 6 Presets (one is Bypass the EQ) where you can have specific settings or specific EQ curves for each. So far I am using one EQ curve and using the 5 presets to use different crossover points to affect music and its sound with my room acoustics.

Each of these presets can also have a point where you can boost or reduce a certain frequency, along with Xover, Slope, Phase, Polarity, SubSonic, Slope, etc.

All of these changes can also be done in real-time mode seeing what affects it has on the room response curve. It is not just a change and listen, you can also see the response change.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back