Sloped front wall

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Midirons

I'm considering (strongly) puchasing ML Aeons. I have a dedicated listening room but a portion of the front wall slopes at a 45 degree angle. The slope starts 54" from the floor. This doesn't have any apparent effect on my current floorstanders. Does anyone know if this will cause a problem with placement of the ML's. The room is 15' x 22' x 9' so I can pull them up to 6 feet away from wall. Any information or links regarding this would be helpful. Maybe there's someting I can place on the front wall? All the best. Forrest.

I don't think it will be much of a problem. You might want to dampen the sloped wall a bit (with Auralex panels for example: http://www.auralex.com), or use a rug in front of the speaker, to absorb the reflected sound waves coming from the sloped wall.

Midirons said:
I'm considering (strongly) puchasing ML Aeons. I have a dedicated listening room but a portion of the front wall slopes at a 45 degree angle. The slope starts 54" from the floor. This doesn't have any apparent effect on my current floorstanders. Does anyone know if this will cause a problem with placement of the ML's. The room is 15' x 22' x 9' so I can pull them up to 6 feet away from wall. Any information or links regarding this would be helpful. Maybe there's someting I can place on the front wall? All the best. Forrest.

i had a similar set up behind my CLS at a previous house. i put curtains along sloping wall (gravity be d*mned :) ) and that helped a lot to stop the downward reflexions.

Thanks for your help. I'll be able to audition the Aeon's this weekend and will set up some temporary room treatments.

Back