SL3 + Electocompaniet ECI 1

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

brian

Hi Everyone, This my first chat with the club, Regards to you all, hope you can help me. l'm in the position of acquiring a pair of SL3's and my amp is the famous (l beleive) Electrocompaniet ECI 1 which is in my home in Spain, Where as l'm living at my daughter's home here in Manchester, England and will most cetainly be here until early next year, so you see there's my problem,the speakers are here in England and my amp in Spain.So is there anyone out there who can tell me how well the amp would cope with driving the SL3's. if there is please get back to me as soon as possible as i've not paid for the SL3's yet. Also is there anything l should checkout when auditoning the speakers. Cheers and Kind Regards Brian.

Last edited:
Brian,

I am not one to help you but there are plenty on here who can. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. You see, I am trying to beat Robin to this one....lol

Mark

I am not too familiar with the Electrocompaniet line, however I am quite sure that it would be able to drive the SL-3 as long as it has at least 100watts/channel @8 ohms continuous power. A good and sufficient powered solid state should suffice.
What to look for? Just listen to the speakers and take a close look at the mylar (dirty,holes etc)? ANd make sure all electrical polarity are correct or you will get boomy bass and muffled mids/highs.

Don't remember all the particulars, but these amps were the darlings of the audiophile high-end press about 10 to 15 years ago. Haven't heard anything about them lately, but I would give them a shot.

Back