Showtime Anytime not streaming in 5.1

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert D

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Quite a few apps on my Amazon Firestick don't stream in dolby 5.1. Right now I'm finishing up Homeland on Showtime. Ive noticed AMC and the CW are the same way. Only comes through in 2 channels and my Marantz receiver upmixes it.
https://help.showtimeanytime.com/hc...ng-Dolby-5-1-surround-sound-What-should-I-do-
Does anyone stream with Apple tv? I hear the audio is better on that. Wondering if the apps on the Apple are better. Now the Firestick can't stream HBO Max either and the Apple has that.

Id probably just get the Apple now but I read that a new gen is coming out for this holiday season. Id like to wait for that. Rumor is that it will come with a new remote design as well, and the current remote isn't loved by many.

So Apple TV owners, are you impressed with it? I think Apple TV also streams Atmos on Netflix! Amazon is behind the times. How is the picture on Apple, as good as the firestick 4k? The Firestick has dolby vision.

Anyone with an Apple TV 4k device have anything to report on how it streams audio? Im still wondering if it gets dolby 5.1 correctly on Showtime and other channels like AMC. Seems like on the Amazon Fire Stick 4k that it comes in in stereo (2 channels) and my receiver ends up expanding it into dolby atmos. It sounds ok, but too much of the sound comes from the center channel only. Id like to at least get true 5.1 signal. My Marantz does a good job of expanding that to 11.1

Apple has a new generation of the device coming out sometime soon. At first it was to be by the holidays, but now it sounds like with Covid that might be delayed until next year. Id rather wait and buy the new one. It is rumored that the remote is going to be revamped, since so many users cant stand it. RIght now that seems to be the only downside of the device, the remote.

Back