Shipping boxes ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mikeg946

Great site everyone. I finished my Logan setup about 6 months ago by picking up a new pair of Odyssey's. I moved my SL3's to the rear and I have a Theater i and a Descent to round the system off. Powered by an all Krell front end with Transparent cables. Sounds great but my wife is all over me to get rid of the shipping boxes, at least the big ones. Just wondering what drawbacks if any to pitching the boxes. I have had my SL3's for 7 years and never needed them. Don't plan on getting rid of anything any time soon. I generally like to keep all my boxes but running out of room. Just thought I would get some input.
Thanks,

Mike

I keep mine in the attic if and when the upgrade bug bites. They are much easier to sell and ship in cartons. New boxes are about 50 bucks from MJ.

Mike,

I'd pitch them, except the SL3's, in case you want to move those. It sounds like you'll be keeping the others for a while to come.

Graham

mikeg946 said:
Great site everyone. I finished my Logan setup about 6 months ago by picking up a new pair of Odyssey's. I moved my SL3's to the rear and I have a Theater i and a Descent to round the system off. Powered by an all Krell front end with Transparent cables. Sounds great but my wife is all over me to get rid of the shipping boxes, at least the big ones. Just wondering what drawbacks if any to pitching the boxes. I have had my SL3's for 7 years and never needed them. Don't plan on getting rid of anything any time soon. I generally like to keep all my boxes but running out of room. Just thought I would get some input.
Thanks,

Mike

You might call ML for their current crate replacement prices. They can be pretty expensive if you decide to move or upgrade. :)

Keep em

mikeg946 said:
Thanks,

Mike

Keep the boxes for everything. Most shipping services will not, so I was told by a UPS employee, pay on expensive units that are not shipped in the original manufacturer's cartons.

Boxes

Keep the boxes somewhere. Current price on replacement shipping boxes from ML for a set of Scripts is $120. Hate to guess what a set of boxes for SL's runs. You never know when you might want to sell the SL's and the original boxes are the best way to ship. Just my 2 cents.

Carl

Back