Sequel II or Sl3

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vimara

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a Sequel II with new panels and I have purchased a Sl3 in perfect condition but its panels have not been changed. My intention is to pass all the best of the two to one, the question is which, do I pass panels to Sl3 or filters and power to Sequel? Which woofer is better? I would need the advice of veterans,
thank you.

SL3 were the next step in that lineage, so they are newer and panel/woofer integration is better than Sequel and Sequel 2. New panels for Sequel II should be the same ones the SL3 would get if you ordered them from ML (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), so if it were me, I'd put the new panels on the SL3.

ok thanks, it has always been my first choice although when comparing the qualities, weight and price, the sequel seemed a higher level. What do you think of the sequel or Sl3 woofer?

Last edited:
I have checked and the panels are completely compatible, I suppose that the crossover and the power supply are better the Sl3 ones, would you use the sequel or the Sl3 bass engine?

SL3 has much better bass integration, just change the panel you be good to go.

Had SL3's for 20 years and was thoroughly satisfied. One panel change during that time. Phenomenal speaker and very discerning of upstream equipment. They love big tube power.

I would consider the person here that has a pair of Prodigy's for $2000 that have been re-paneled. Take a look it might be worth thinking about.

I would like to change the Sl3 high input capacitor, does anyone know if there is any difference in putting them in front of or behind the resistors? I have read on some forum that the ascent have it in front of it and it improves the sound, and it has the same panel and the condenser is of the same value

I would consider the person here that has a pair of Prodigy's for $2000 that have been re-paneled. Take a look it might be worth thinking about.
Thats an excellent price. If the panels are brand new ordered from Martin Logan. New panels on their own cost $2800. Im having a pair made now.

Latest posts

Back