Senseless

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The police wouldn't go in and arrested and tased parents that tried to. There is going to be a S..t storm with this and if they refused to go in they should lose their jobs at a minimum.

There will be a sh1t storm, and I agree.

But that wasn't my point. My point was that it makes a mockery of the argument that "if people were armed they could stop this madness" that exists in your country and no other.

No comment on 4166 non gun murders?

Yes. Guns exist in Australia. Gun deaths happen here. Let's look at 2020 stats, shall we?

Gun deaths in Australia per 100000 people = 0.88 (2019 data)
Gun deaths in USA per 100000 people - 12.21 (2017 data)

No - Australia is not zero - but the USA kinda stands out, don't you think?

That's the sort of difference that makes kids feel safe when they go to school. That's the kind of difference that makes people feel safe when they jump in their car and drive on a freeway.

If you think any gun control policy MUST get the rate to zero immediately, you are living in a fairy-tale. Nobody is trying to lie to you that it might even come close to zero. It is highly likely Australia will have another mass shooting, given enough time.

The question is not how you are going to eradicate guns and gun crime.

The question is - how are you going to end this madness that exists in the USA and nowhere else. To reduce it to a level where your citizens feel safe. Where your children can go to school to learn and play like innocent children - not practice gunman evasion tactics.

1653778431012.png

Last edited:
What does it do to you calculation when you figure in the USA has 14 times the people as Australia?

332,000,000 vs 24,000,000? I realize you are talking percentages but with the volume of people numbers change.

Do you think it would stay the same?

Amey, we both want it to end but the USA will never give up their guns.
I don't think you can be the main country, that has been main force in protecting the world from Russia, China or other violent factions and not have people that want to protect themselves.

This kid was on a media site call YUBO. I have never heard of it. His name was YUBO School Killer. How does no one say something.

What does it do to you calculation when you figure in the USA has 14 times the people as Australia?

332,000,000 vs 24,000,000? I realize you are talking percentages but with the volume of people numbers change.

It is percent, not absolute number.

The only thing that will skew it is if the murderers have easy access to machines which can pop off 96 kids a minute.
and not have people that want to protect themselves.

Your government has the world's largest arsenal of nuclear weapons. I don't think a gun (or 100 guns) are going to help protect you in any way.

This kid was on a media site call YUBO.

YUBO is not unique to the US.

So why do these shootings and frequency only happen in the US? (I'm going to keep asking until I get a response).

Last edited:
Is America so introverted that it can't look at the way other countries successfully control gun deaths and take a leaf from their actions? Well, of course not. I have many American friends who realise that effective gun control would reduce if not totally eliminate this type of shooting. Unfortunately, the way the system seems to work is that the NRA have sway, which is a huge tragedy for all.

The places in the USA where they have the most restrictive gun control laws have the most crimes used by guns.

Why do these heinous crimes only happen in the USA?
Heinous crimes only in the USA? Have you seen what’s going on in Ukraine? Middle Eastern Countries with terrosts attacks all the time. Car bombs. Suicide bombers killing hundreds of people. The world is full of evil deranged people

Heinous crimes only in the USA? Have you seen what’s going on in Ukraine? Middle Eastern Countries with terrosts attacks all the time. Car bombs. Suicide bombers killing hundreds of people. The world is full of evil deranged people

We are talking about school shootings; (and other mass shootings for that matter); in a supposedly civilised and prosperous country.

Not full-scale geopolitical wars.

But if you want your country to be a perpetual war zone, then I guess you get the fruits of the seeds you sow.

If you want to compare what goes on in USA elementary schools on a almost daily basis with an all out Ukraine-Russia war, then you really need to re-evaluate the world you want to live in.

If a full-scale Russian invasion is the benchmark against which you want to compare the safety and daily lives of your fellow citizens, I feel more sorry for the population than I originally did.

It belies belief.

And so does your response.

Last edited:
I agree with Adam. We need stricter regulations on the purchase of guns and ammunition. We need laws on the proper storage of firearms. And I say all this as an avid target shooter with over a dozen guns of my own. But we need more than just stricter regulation. We need a culture change. Personally, I don’t see any of it happening. Half the country thinks the previous presidential election was “rigged” simply because one narcissistic sore loser says it was. You can’t reason with that kind of stupidity, and the politicians just feed into it because it gets them votes. Our populace is so ignorant and our government is so corrupt to its core that I don’t see any meaningful change happening. These types of incidences will just continue to happen.

I agree with Adam. We need stricter regulations on the purchase of guns and ammunition. We need laws on the proper storage of firearms. And I say all this as an avid target shooter with over a dozen guns of my own. But we need more than just stricter regulation. We need a culture change.

All true Rich.

It really is.

I didn't know mediocrity or a "good enough" attitude was tenable for the USA. But look at some of the responses here in this thread.

While their attitude is "hey, we're not as bad as Ukraine with Russia invading them", or "Look, the Congo and Venezuela have a higher homicide rate than we do" (as do a handful of other countries with a GDP less than room temperature), or even just outright running away when they can't think of a cogent argument; it seems most are all pretty happy in their ignorance.

None are so blind as those who will not see.

Last edited:
I agree with Adam. We need stricter regulations on the purchase of guns and ammunition. We need laws on the proper storage of firearms. And I say all this as an avid target shooter with over a dozen guns of my own. But we need more than just stricter regulation. We need a culture change. Personally, I don’t see any of it happening. Half the country thinks the previous presidential election was “rigged” simply because one narcissistic sore loser says it was. You can’t reason with that kind of stupidity, and the politicians just feed into it because it gets them votes. Our populace is so ignorant and our government is so corrupt to its core that I don’t see any meaningful change happening. These types of incidences will just continue to happen.
Half the country thinks the previous election was rigged simply because ONE person said so? 150 million people? You are right. You cannot reason with that stupidity.

I was just watching the news few minutes ago; in breaking news across Washington DC, J Biden and VP have desperately called for all Americans to take a stand against gun violence. He has said in a 10 min address on ABC news coverage: "Why is this happening only in America? Other countries have people with mental issues, broken families, community disputes, neighborhood disagreements, and so... and yet these types of senseless mass shootings only happen in America, why?" Then he ended his statement with "I've had enough, I'm tired of this!"

Well, this is certainly a very sincere message from the US President! A sincere message from his heart because he's also lost two loved ones who were very close to him, and that's why he made that initial statement, "when you lose a child, it's like a piece of your soul has been ripped away from you..." This statement from J Biden resonates all across the world!

I sincerely believe that the US does have a very very massive issue when it comes to gun violence and mass shootings, there's no denying it! It is an absolute shame and absolute tragedy that this happens over and over again. Heck, it might be happening right now as I'm typing this message... that's how frequent it is!

I'm not sure what the solution is or even if there's any solution at this stage... but I can clearly see that the President of the US and his close team members, VP, and others are at least making these statements to build awareness and admit that they have a very serious problem. No other President was able to make these changes in time to avoid future incidences... and now it's far too late. It has festered like an awful wound, pretty much like a cancer that will most probably kill everything in its path... god forbid!

The above statements were discussed on ABC late news by a panel of international news journalists, who were also covering the indicent in Texas. I always watch this channel to keep updated as it shows major issues around the world, including my crazy homeland SL Colombo. Our economic crisis has now become a humanitarin crisis! but that's a different story...

As I said before, we can only hope! Stay safe all, and look out for one another, that's all we can do at this stage. Peace, RJ

In all corners of the globe, there are so many issues that are absolute madness, with no sense at all, and yet life goes on as if nothing really happens... or as if no one really cares. When I come across these situations, it makes my fellow community members and myself really sad, is there anything we can do about it? At least we can only look after those around us to the best of our ability.

As I was just about to finish my last delivery run, I had to deliver 11 crates of grocery essentials to a primary school this afternoon. These items include milk, bread, cookies, peanut butter, butter, yogurts, veggies, cereals, Milo, and other types of canned fruit. Whiles I was wheeling in the goods to the location where it's supposed to be off-loaded, I passed through several areas of the primary school, where I saw these little kids, between the ages of 6 - 10, playing so freely and happily, bouncing around and being themselves... I then stopped, and asked myself, how on earth can anyone just walk in here with two high-powered semi-automatic pump action assault rifles, and simply start shooting at these kids... how is that possible? Not even the most ferocious animal on the planet would do that.

They all greeted me, and I was in tears... I just dumped the groceries and left with my head down... couldn't even listen to my music tonight. I'm not even the parent who has lost a child in such a shooting but when I saw this primary school, I just can't imagine that anyone so evil in a complete looney frame of mind can do this to harmless little kids at a primary school!!! for crying out loud! What's wrong with people...

Anyway, I've had my fair share of misfortunes and sorrows, and I really do feel for those parents of those 19 primary kids. Music does have healing powers, and it is one of those forms that touch the soul. I highly believe that listening to good music will cleanse the soul like a form of therapy, therefore we must engage in more music!

With that said, please do enjoy those fine tunes! For as much as we can and for long as we can.
Best, RJ

Half the country thinks the previous election was rigged simply because ONE person said so? 150 million people? You are right. You cannot reason with that stupidity.
Ok, you got me. Half was an exaggeration. It’s closer to 1/3. And yes, because of ONE person whose ego will not allow him to admit he lost. Every lawsuit challenging the election was dismissed. Every post-election audit showed he lost. And there hasn’t been any showing of credible evidence of fraud sufficient to change the result. In the absence of any credible evidence to the contrary, still believing the lie that the election was stolen is pure stupidity.

Ok, you got me. Half was an exaggeration. It’s closer to 1/3. And yes, because of ONE person whose ego will not allow him to admit he lost. Every lawsuit challenging the election was dismissed. Every post-election audit showed he lost. And there hasn’t been any showing of credible evidence of fraud sufficient to change the result. In the absence of any credible evidence to the contrary, still believing the lie that the election was stolen is pure stupidity.
I agree at this point there has not been any credible evidence that would or should change the election results. I think the fact that the current President is so bad and totally inept. Who is actually running the country is a valid question. Because of that it brings up speculation in large amount of the population as to how this guy got elected.

I think it is more than what is being discussed here. After many years in Western Europe and Japan, I am now in Texas. I have witnessed an appalling amount of rude and aggressive driving in the last four years, more than I ever saw in Europe. People are so stressed, so in a hurry, so bent on getting ahead they will cut people off, be exceedingly reckless in their lane changes and generally act like they are entitled to ignore any civilized behavior. I like to call it "driving like a salmon", flip-flopping between lanes at high speed with little regard for their action; all to gain one or two car lengths over relatively short distances. All of this speaks to a nation of people without regard for others, spending their entire life staring at their own navel and crapping on everybody else. I believe this wonton disregard for others is what the USA has bred and it is the abhorrent behavior that goes to new heights when you introduce a weapon that allows you to crap on others at a distance. American society needs to look at the disgusting spectacle that is US politics, and decide if that is the legacy we want to write into the books of history. I am nearing the twilight of my own life and I feel saddened by the carnage around me.

Might sound to some folks like you believe in Minority Rule, given that more people voted for Clinton in 2016 (2,864,974 more) than Trump, and likewise in 2020, when President Joe Biden received 7,059,547 more votes than Trump. In 2016, Trump received more electoral votes and became president. However, because he received only 46.1% of t he votes cast in tMinority he election, he was a "Minority President".

Contrast this with 2020, when President Joe Biden received 51.3% of the popular vote. Note that in BOTH elections, Trump received fewer votes than his opponents.

Also interesting, is that in both elections, Trump falsely asserted that "the election was rigged" -- a common ploy of an unsuccessful candidate. These false allegations had Trump demanding recounts even in 2016, when he was installed as president, and then, in 2020, when he had his minions go to court to overturn the election results (and, as Rich correctly noted, lost every single case).

Bonscott, you are exactly right: "You can't fix stupid."

I agree at this point there has not been any credible evidence that would or should change the election results. I think the fact that the current President is so bad and totally inept. Who is actually running the country is a valid question. Because of that it brings up speculation in large amount of the population as to how this guy got elected.

That is what the Majority of people thought during Trump's reign. Not even mentioning his attempts to steal the election, and his Jan 6 shenanigans.

BTW, President Joe Biden got elected in some measure simply because he was NOT Trump. Might want to think on that for awhile.

Last edited:
Yes when a president can be elected due to most likes something is wrong. However, it only happened once. Unfortunately i think you're right it seems more a religion than rational thinking.

That is what the Majority of people thought during Trump's reign. Not even mentioning his attempts to steal the election, and his Jan 6 shenanigans.

BTW, President Joe Biden got elected in some measure simply because he was NOT Trump. Might want to think on that for awhile.
The biggest reason Biden got elected was that he was not Trump. Don’t have to think about it. The Majority of people did not vote for Biden because they liked him it was because they hated Trump. One thing is for sure all this talk about the previous election is coming to a screeching halt in November. Last year the incumbent Governor of New Jersey almost got taken out from a no name republican. Sent shockwaves in the Democrat party. The Democrats are in serious trouble and they all know it.

Latest posts

Back