Senseless

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Buffalo now Texas, the insanity continues to grow. Thoughts and prayers for all families involved in these recent(and prior) tragedies.

I do not want this turning into a political firestorm here but I think we can all agree, action NOW, lip service is over with.

I agree with you Dave. We had a talk about this at dinner last night.

One thing that always seems to not be covered is, how, after the fact, the evil entity is found to have extensive social media history of planing or talking about one or more crimes or acts of violence.
It would seem that an extensive number of parties must have thought it suspect or unusual that he felt that way.

I am not saying we should not have freedom of speech but if it quacks like a duck, it just might be worth taking a look to see if it is.

A news outlet talked to an old classmate of his. He was another boy that was in high school with him. He said that during covid he stopped coming to school and just kind of disappeared. It sounds like it was during the time of covid that he was sitting at home all day and on the internet and thats when he became radicalized. The classmate said it was notable how the shooter used to be overweight and now from his recent picture on instagram he was quite lean and his cheeck bones were showing. He changed physically as well as mentally. He was living with his grandparents and apparently they were clueless about what he was turning into. He had a falling out with his mother and moved in with them.

One crazy thing, from what I understand, that school was already on lockdown because he had shot his grandmother in the face and she called 911. The cops alerted all the schools in the area and were in pursuit of him. Somehow the boy was able to get into the school through a rear door. Those should have all been locked. I wonder, sometimes kids prop open doors with rocks and stuff during recess so they can come and go into the bathrooms inside the building. Maybe that happened? He was also somehow able to get into a locked classroom. This should make schools think twice about their active shooter protocols.

I remember having this discussion here on this forum about a prior mass murder in the US. Sadly (really sadly), I don't even know what one, they happen so often.

Nothing has been done. Do I hold high hopes (for you and your fellow countrymen) that something will be done now? Even more sadly, no. But that shouldn't stop you trying.

This happens IN NO OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

It is beyond time (well beyond time) to put personal opinions aside and do something real / significant about gun control. This sort of thing just can't be allowed to continue in a supposedly civilised, wealthy and first-world society.

And now I hear yet another school kid has been arrested taking a gun to school.

WTAF? Stop this - what is it going to take to get you poor people to do something?

You talk about building this wall across the Mexican border - yet Mexico has had 8 school shootings since 2010 - USA has had 288! When's it going to stop? Australia? Zero.

Sorry to disagree with you. It does happen all over the world. Some examples are Ukraine, Sweeden, UK, China, Tibet, Burma, Sri Lanka, Rep of Georgia, and so many more to count.
Even in the US, Chicago, New York, just to name a few. This kind of thing happens every where.
I am greatly saddened by the actions of this person. I feel for the parents and loved ones. As a father I can’t even comprehend what they might be going thru.
We have our own problems here in north florida where I live. I have to be careful everywhere I go. I don’t know what the solution is. All I can say is we need to do our best to stay safe and look out for our neighbors.

Interesting discussion. There are those who are in a position to do something about this senseless carnage, and yet they do nothing. Further, and worse, they stifle others from at least attempting modest attempts to improve things, so nothing ever improves. We seem to have elected far too many spineless / gutless political hacks who care about only one thing -- making sure they get re-elected. Some seem to have become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NRA, and fear not receiving their well-earned stipend ($$$$ for their next election campaign).

And yes, I am well aware of the Second Amendment -- and the way some interpret it. And no, I don't want to take anyone's guns that are used for hunting, or even recreational pursuits. Yes, I also realize "guns don't kill people, people kill people." But when anyone can have a gun, and when automatic weapons are also allowed, it is just a recipe for the disasters that occur all too often in our Country.

If this offends anyone, that's not my intention. But I would like everyone to at least think about where we in the United States of America have now found ourselves How anyone could think the present situation is acceptable is beyond me.

Note for Moderators: If you meed to delete / move this, feel free. I have no wish or intention to violate any of the rules for posting here.

If this continues down the road it is going it will be closed, trust me.
Speaking unauthorized for Dave, it was meant as compassion and trying to end it.

Interesting discussion. There are those who are in a position to do something about this senseless carnage, and yet they do nothing. Further, and worse, they stifle others from at least attempting modest attempts to improve things, so nothing ever improves. We seem to have elected far too many spineless / gutless political hacks who care about only one thing -- making sure they get re-elected. Some seem to have become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NRA, and fear not receiving their well-earned stipend ($$$$ for their next election campaign).

And yes, I am well aware of the Second Amendment -- and the way some interpret it. And no, I don't want to take anyone's guns that are used for hunting, or even recreational pursuits. Yes, I also realize "guns don't kill people, people kill people." But when anyone can have a gun, and when automatic weapons are also allowed, it is just a recipe for the disasters that occur all too often in our Country.

If this offends anyone, that's not my intention. But I would like everyone to at least think about where we in the United States of America have now found ourselves How anyone could think the present situation is acceptable is beyond me.

Note for Moderators: If you meed to delete / move this, feel free. I have no wish or intention to violate any of the rules for posting here.
Automatic weapons are not legal in the US unless you get a special license. They are very rare. I think you mean semiautomatic?

Can’t comment on this further. Don’t necessarily agree with the most recent rant. This is/should be a forum about ml speakers not political viewpoints. Please take your opinions to somewhere else.

Sorry to disagree with you. It does happen all over the world.

It DOES NOT happen all over the world.

1653609440812.png

Is this the position you want for your country in the international community?

I think this is more appropriate. Intentional homicides by country.

The discussion is about mass shootings and gun control.

Let's get this straight. What you're arguing is that you're fine with two thirds of the world's mass shootings happening in your country, because El Salvador and Venezuela have a higher homicide rate. Is that right?

I am flummoxed.

No one is saying that the US has a general homicide problem - heck, in that regard you're doing better than South Africa, Colombia and Belize! [Look at all those countries below the US - are those REALLY the countries you want to benchmark the USA against??]

Russia and Brazil are probably the only two large, civilised countries doing worse than the US!!

More telling is the countries doing better than the USA - Iran, India, Vietnam, Bangladesh to name but a few.

I really thought Sandy Hook was the final straw - but alas no - it seems Americans (in general) are fine with it happening - again and again.

So there are another 30 or so toddlers walking around today with numbers on their head who will be the murder victims of the next school shooting event. Unless you 1. Acknowledge the problem; and 2. do something about it.

So yeah - let's just keep training your kids for mass shooting events in their schools - and in 5 years we'll have the discussion again.

Wow - it beggars belief. 😭😭😭😢😢

Last edited:
The discussion is about mass shootings and gun control.

Let's get this straight. What you're arguing is that you're fine with two thirds of the world's mass shootings happening in your country, because El Salvador and Venezuela have a higher homicide rate. Is that right?

I am flummoxed.

No one is saying that the US has a general homicide problem - heck, in that regard you're doing better than South Africa, Colombia and Belize! [Look at all those countries below the US - are those REALLY the countries you want to benchmark the USA against??]

Russia and Brazil are probably the only two large, civilised countries doing worse than the US!!

More telling is the countries doing better than the USA - Iran, India, Vietnam, Bangladesh to name but a few.

I really thought Sandy Hook was the final straw - but alas no - it seems Americans (in general) are fine with it happening - again and again.

So there are another 30 or so toddlers walking around today with numbers on their head who will be the murder victims of the next school shooting event. Unless you 1. Acknowledge the problem; and 2. do something about it.

So yeah - let's just keep training your kids for mass shooting events in their schools - and in 5 years we'll have the discussion again.

Wow - it beggars belief. 😭😭😭😢😢
Thats it, ima outta here. Geez. You dont have an analytical bone in your body.

I think this is more appropriate. Intentional homicides by country.

View attachment 22835

This is not even remotely the same thing. People murder people they know for all kinds of reasons throughout history in every part of the world.

Clearly anyone can see that these mass shootings (typically in schools) in the US are an entirely different matter, and to a large extent entirely unique to the USA.

When 20 toddlers were killed in Sandy Hook and nothing changed, that was when it was clear to me that nothing will EVER be done.

😭😭
Thats it, ima outta here. Geez. You dont have an analytical bone in your body.

^^^ This is the answer.

Denial. Then run away. If this is the attitude / response to 39 people being gunned down (and 19 little children being killed), and the 248th mass shooting in the USA this year alone, I guess there is no hope.

It is really simple.

1. Why does this ONLY happen in the US? (surely with all the American ingenuity, you can answer this question. The answer might not be what you want to hear, but surely you are courageous enough to hear it).
2. Are you or are you not okay with this situation?
3. What are you going to do about it?

I know it is confronting - but you've got to be courageous enough as a country to admit there is a problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back