See What makes the summit tick?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zip3kx07 said:
Me too, I find B&K bright, forward, very dynamic, I typically call them a poor mans Krell :D . I would say your not hearing the speakers; you’re hearing the electronics.

This question is to Zip3kx07 or any others that have any suggestions.

You said B&K makes ML sounded bright, forward and very dynamic. Can you explain that to me? I’m new to the HI-FI arena, and my first setup is a pair of ML Ascent I's with a B&K Ref 50 S2 and Ref 200.7 S2 amp. To me, my system sounded great (very smooth and clean) but since I’m new, I don’t know what bright, forward and dynamic sounded likes.

Thanks,
Max

max157 said:

Remember on the B&K components, this is just our opinions on the sound and not the absolute truth.

You said B&K makes ML sounded bright, forward and very dynamic. Can you explain that to me?

Forward and bright to most means the high end or treble is over-accentuated. Sometimes this is hard to determine unless you compare components side by side to each other in the same setup. Sometimes people like a brighter sounding amp. It is personal preferences on what sound we are looking for that each of us has to determine.

I’m new to the HI-FI arena, and my first setup is a pair of ML Ascent I's with a B&K Ref 50 S2 and Ref 200.7 S2 amp. To me, my system sounded great (very smooth and clean) but since I’m new, I don’t know what bright, forward and dynamic sounded likes.

If you like the sound you are getting from your setup, then it is a great setup. The best thing about this hobby is there are many components and companies out ther to suit each of our needs and tastes. For instance, I tried out tube amps for my CLSIIz's and could not find one that I liked, yet others here love their tube amp setups and swear by them.

Don't get too caught up in what others like...make your own mind up and purchase from there. Remember your system is in YOUR home and YOU listen to it, and again if you like it, you have found the right stuff.

Dan

Last edited:
max157 said:

You said B&K makes ML sounded bright, forward and very dynamic. Can you explain that to me? I’m new to the HI-FI arena, and my first setup is a pair of ML Ascent I's with a B&K Ref 50 S2 and Ref 200.7 S2 amp. To me, my system sounded great (very smooth and clean) but since I’m new, I don’t know what bright, forward and dynamic sounded likes.

Thanks,
Max

Everyone's taste in sound is different. My mission with my system is to make the sound become as real as possible, I don’t want the music to sound as if it is being reproduced. With B&K the sound feels unnatural it’s very dynamic and punchy, which is not a bad thing, but it just feels like I am watching the movie and not living it. B&K just didn’t have that warmth I was looking for. They make good equipment, if it’s working for you then keep it. I am not trying to tell anyone what to buy and not to buy; I am just expressing my opinion.

Thanks Joe :rolleyes:

Back