script mount

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rynopr

Are there posts or anything that can be used to mount the scripti if you don't mount it to a wall?

Like will the Fresco floor stands work?

Script i Stand...

rynopr said:
Are there posts or anything that can be used to mount the scripti if you don't mount it to a wall?

Like will the Fresco floor stands work?
rynopr,

You could mount the Script i bracket to a stand. I'm not sure the Fesco floor stand would work, or maybe it could be adapted.... ;) Of course you would have to build or fabricate the stand to your own specificaztions. I think ML used to offer a Script stands... I can't remember. :rolleyes:

I was thinking of having my son biuld a pair of Script stands for me, when he was taking his wood shop class in high school, but he got too busy building his writting desk, out of Bird's Eye Maple. I came up with another mounting technique for my Script i's. :) I think I will need to have stands in five years as well. My retirement home has ten foot high cielings, so I will need stands for my rear speakers at that point in time, no more Script hanging in Washington... :D
(Script i's). I think, if I can't order them for my Script i's, I'll have them built for me, to my specifications for my HT.

There have been a lot of people that have asked for a stand for the Scripts over the years but ML have never made a set that I am aware of. For the original script ML recommended I believe it was guitar stands.

I don’t think it would be the best-looking stand, but at Home Depot or Lowes, they have these concrete blocks with a 6X6 wooden post sticking out the top. You could mount the scripts to the wooden post and the concrete block would anker it.

Guitar Stands...

Zip3kx07 said:
There have been a lot of people that have asked for a stand for the Scripts over the years but ML have never made a set that I am aware of. For the original script ML recommended I believe it was guitar stands.

I don’t think it would be the best-looking stand, but at Home Depot or Lowes, they have these concrete blocks with a 6X6 wooden post sticking out the top. You could mount the scripts to the wooden post and the concrete block would anker it.
Joe,

You are quite correct. :D Yes, I remember now..., that is what ML recommended for the Script stands. I don't know if a concrete brick in my HT room would be very asthestically pleasing. :eek: I think I'm going to have some stands built when the time comes. :)

Robin said:
Joe,

You are quite correct. :D Yes, I remember now..., that is what ML recommended for the Script stands. I don't know if a concrete brick in my HT room would be very asthestically pleasing. :eek: I think I'm going to have some stands built when the time comes. :)
It's not really a brick, it looks like a concrete pyramid with a 6X6 post sticking out of the top, but like I said it will work, just not very pretty.

What can I say form follows function.:D

Form Follows Function...

Zip3kx07 said:
It's not really a brick, it looks like a concrete pyramid with a 6X6 post sticking out of the top, but like I said it will work, just not very pretty.

What can I say form follows function.
Joe,

I totally agree. :D :p :D . I was just thinking this minute..., why not a having a welded stand made and designed tastfully of course, then painted flat black, that could work very well depending on the design specification naturally. ;) What do you think Joe?

Robin said:
Joe,

I totally agree. . I was just thinking this minute..., why not a having a welded stand made and designed tastfully of course, then painted flat black, that could work very well depending on the design specification naturally. ;) What do you think Joe?

I think it's time to call Billy Bags. :D

http://www.billybags.com/

Honest to goodness, I was thinking either a guitar stand or amp stand before you said it. It seems the most economical and aesthetically acceptable.

Thanks

If you have some descent wood working skills, you could try making something like this to hold your scripts.

Attachments

• Stand.jpg
    Stand.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 370
Awesome Wooden Script Stands....

Zip3kx07 said:
If you have some descent wood working skills, you could try making something like this to hold your scripts.
Joe,

Those wooden stands look great. Sadly, I'm not a wood worker but my son is... :D I think I'll put him to work one of these days... :D :p :D
In your photo, is that black oak with maple stained?

I'm slow. How are you proposing to attach the scripts to those stands?

Attaching Script's to wooden stands...

rynopr,

I would use a plexiglass mounting bracket / arm attached to the back of the stand, which would come up and attach to Scripts mounting hinge at the back of the speaker. :) It would look cool, especially up off the floor... ;) Guitar stands would be just too low, IMHO....
I wonder where Joe found these wooden stands....?

Joe,

I'm just curious..., :confused:
Where did you find these wooden stands on line? The web link?
Thanks in advance, Joe... :D

Robin said:
Joe,

I'm just curious..., :confused:
Where did you find these wooden stands on line? The web link?
Thanks in advance, Joe... :D

The photo is from an Audiogon classified add, I was trying to find the add, but I don’t think they are on there right now. If I see the add again I will post the link here, I think it’s a gentleman making them out of his garage.

As for mounting the scripts to them… The base is two small to support the weight. It looks to be a square base about 12” X 12”, I would be afraid of them toppling over with the weight of the scripts. I would keep the base narrow but long; say 12” wide by 20” long. I would have the wooden support on the back half of the base and mount the scripts bracket to the wooden support/spine. The speaker stands pictured are adjustable, so mount the bracket to the top half would mean you could adjust the high of the scripts.

Last edited:
Script Stand Mounting...

Zip3kx07 said:
The photo is from an Audiogon classified add, I was trying to find the add, but I don’t think they are on there right now. If I see the add again I will post the link here, I think it’s a gentleman making them out of his garage.

As for mounting the scripts to them… The base is two small to support the weight. It looks to be a square base about 12” X 12”, I would be afraid of them toppling over with the weight of the scripts. I would keep the base narrow but long; say 12” wide by 20” long. I would have the wooden support on the back half of the base and mount the scripts bracket to the wooden support/spine. The speaker stands pictured are adjustable, so mount the bracket to the top half would mean you could adjust the high of the scripts.
Joe,

I agree your way, of mounting the Scripts to the wooden stand, sounds much better... ;) I think it would look better as well. :) In certain HT rooms like my current HT and in my future HT room, Scripts can prove challenging to position. It's why, I think the wooden stands you found could work especially well in a room with no back wall to mount on and a ceiling too high to use effectively, which describes my future retirement home. :eek:

This is my reply from soundanchors.com. They looked like heavy duty products to me.

Hi

We could make a mount that would allow you to fasten yuor speaker to one
of our Studio Adjustable Speaker Stands. This stand would give you
adjustable height andet you use the swing feature.
http://www.soundanchors.com/page9.html
You would not need the speaker platform but we would need to make a
special adaptor plate to mount your speaker. The cost of the Studio
Adjustable Stand is $450.00 + shipping. We would substitute the adaptor
plate for the platform and the price would be $400.00/pr.

You can get more info or place an order by calling us at 321 724 1237
between 10:00 and 5:00 Eastern time, Monday thru Friday.

We accept visa, MasterCard or American Express for payment. Your credit
card will not be charged until your stands are shipped.

Regards
Bob W.

My old and sold Vandersteen 2Ces came with Sound Anchor Stands. They were beefy, could be filled with shot (or sand or whatever) and looked very nice. Once filled, each weighed somewhere around 40 lbs.

Not that I spent a lot of time on the link you posted, but they appear to be the same type of design (I got mine around 1992). Mine were more like the Amp C stand, the Vandersteen stand in their cataloge was available at the time but was not the type I got.

Robin said:
Joe,

and a ceiling too high to use effectively, which describes my future retirement home. :eek:

Oohhhh....you just gave me an idea. I never though of attempting to mount these from the ceiling, yet still hanging vertically about 3 feet from the ceiling. Hmmm.....

Looks good, real good...

rynopr said:
This is my reply from soundanchors.com. They looked like heavy duty products to me.

Hi

We could make a mount that would allow you to fasten yuor speaker to one
of our Studio Adjustable Speaker Stands. This stand would give you
adjustable height andet you use the swing feature.
http://www.soundanchors.com/page9.html
You would not need the speaker platform but we would need to make a
special adaptor plate to mount your speaker. The cost of the Studio
Adjustable Stand is $450.00 + shipping. We would substitute the adaptor
plate for the platform and the price would be $400.00/pr.

You can get more info or place an order by calling us at 321 724 1237
between 10:00 and 5:00 Eastern time, Monday thru Friday.

We accept visa, MasterCard or American Express for payment. Your credit
card will not be charged until your stands are shipped.

Regards
Bob W.
rynopr,

The Studio Adjustable Stands Look like they would do the job nicely. Are you going to go for them? IMHO I like the wooden stands Joe showed us, but I don't know those stands detrack some what from the Scripts, as they are too good looking. I like the black and the adjustability of the Studio Stands. ;)

Hanging Scripts...

KCWolfPck said:
Oohhhh....you just gave me an idea. I never though of attempting to mount these from the ceiling, yet still hanging vertically about 3 feet from the ceiling. Hmmm.....
KCWolfPck,

You do know, I have Script i's hanging from the ceiling, in my current system #57? If not please check them out. :D I've posted several photo's of my hanging Script i's, at the Member Systems Section... ;)

Latest posts

Back