Sandy

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, hatches buttoned down, the storms a brewin', 50 plus mph winds with 6-12" of rain will be one hell of a mess, not to mention in the mtns of W Virginny and Maryland a blizzard warning with up to 2 feet of the white stuff...............where's Al Gore when I need him !

yeah, hatches buttoned down, the storms a brewin', 50 plus mph winds with 6-12" of rain will be one hell of a mess, not to mention in the mtns of W Virginny and Maryland a blizzard warning with up to 2 feet of the white stuff...............where's Al Gore when I need him !

I feel your pain. Down here in Mount Airy, Maryland, looks like we're also in the direct path. Wish I'd got that generator my the wife had been encouraging me to do. Guess that wiull be the next thing on the agenda, as it is looking like a tough winter. Then a tractor with snow removal equipment. I thought Maryland didn't get weather events like this!

Oh, regarding that Al Gore thing: Thank the Supremes (along partisan lines, no less!) for sticking us with the Village Idiot, instead of Al Gore, who actually had some brains and would not have been so reckless with our Country's young men and women or our treasure. (Sorry, couldn't help it.) :D;)

Dave, it's your shirt collar that has to be buttoned down; hatches have to be battened down :)

We're expecting the storm to hit as well, though not quite so fiercely; rain forecast all week.

Dave, it's your shirt collar that has to be buttoned down; hatches have to be battened down :)

Bernard, the scary thing is you knew what I meant !

I feel like the radio man on the Titanic, hammerin' on the 'bug' while the dance band plays "near my God to thee, the iceberg's on the starboard side, won't you dance with me" - Harry Chapin

Hope all is well for your East Coasters now that the worst of it seems to be over.... Now the aftermath comes.... cleanup.. damage assesment... getting power restored..

Survived with no trees down and minor power glitches in northern Virginia. NYC and NJ in severe distress.

Christie and Obama seem to make a good team.

J

We came through pretty good, a few limbs and twigs all around the yard, no water problems. My son and daughter inlaw not so good, their deck / house took a direct hit from a tree, everybody is ok, hopefully 'Nationwide will be on their side' !

Survived with no trees down and minor power glitches in northern Virginia. NYC and NJ in severe distress.

Christie and Obama seem to make a good team.J

Pretty much same here in Northern Maryland. Feeling like we dodged a bullet. Never even lost power. None of our (sixty-plus) trees down, however had to remove a neighbor's tree that fell across our driveway. Pondered about how to deal with it, and finally opted for the easy solution: threaded a rope thru the two tow anchors at the rear of my 1990 Nissan Twin Turbo and around the tree, and off I went! It was so effortless that I figure I had about 280 or so "horses" to spare. Will unhook it in a few days after things dry out and convert it to firewood. Note that I resisted the temptation to return the tree to my neighbor (across HIS driveway, of course). See what a nice guy I am?

I, too, really appreciate the Obama -- Christie teamwork. So adult compared to way too many politicians out there.

Last edited:
I never lost power either. Just some downed tree branches and leaves everywhere. NY/NJ and some other parts of the NE certainly got hammered. When you live in the DC area it's quite common to meet others who are from NJ/NY area (or have families up there). I think in some way, we are all touched by this terrible storm.

Back