Sacrilegious question re sub re CLX!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacefulcargo

Reaction score
Hi guys toying with subs maybe again, I would prefer a up firing or down firing pair. Have anyone of you tried PC-4000 PC 4000? I have had 4 Depthi's , RELs and Wilson Torus, all as pairs. Any of you used SVS with MLs. Thanks

The top tier of the SVS line will mate with anything. The 4000 series or PB -16s etc. You could even go with the 3000 series. Good subs that are engineered right work with any setup. SVS has fantastic subs. The whole top tier of the sub market has really updated over the last 5 years or so, to really getting the woofer cones under control. They are not like subs from 15 years ago. A quality sub at todays engineering level is a very nice piece of equipment.

Unless you want the form-factor of the tall cylinder, you might also consider the MartinLogan | Dynamo 1600X which can be oriented to fire down.
Having ARC to integrate with the CLX is a plus, and I believe they have pre-constructed filters to match the various ML models.

Jonfo, hit the nail on the head. Audioholics tests speakers and subs. They rate the 1600 as a top level sub with volume, low distortion and ability to go deep. They do not fluff up a poor performer. The Martin Logan subs were on their best subs of 2020 list I think it was. Can't go wrong with the 1600.

Hola,

Try to find a used BF-210 Martin Logan sub. You can download a special filter made for the frequency cut for the CLXs. They deserves the best quality bass, due to the performance transparency of the CLXs. Highly recommended and also, I have one too. The best match you can find!

Happy listening!

Unless money is the issue the 212 sub (obviously get a pair)is a hell of a sub. Plus you get the custom crossover and PBK what is not to like?

Unless money is the issue the 212 sub (obviously get a pair)is a hell of a sub. Plus you get the custom crossover and PBK what is not to like?
212 is really big. But I guess if you have the space. I have a pair of 210s in the front and a Dynamo 1500 in the rear. Works great and smooths things out before ARC to have 3 subs.
Just my 2 cents.

Check out REL. They excel, once dialed in, at blending and disappearing. Many positive two channel user reviews. Can purchase, with money back guarantee, at Music Direct.

Back