SACD Player Recomendations

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The disk is always As in always better quality than streaming. Streaming will adopt to the actual internet speed and dynamically change the quality but never above the disk. Often the streaming available is lower not least the sound.

Amen brother, you hit the nail on the head....why keep us exposed to the volatility of our internet access and the third party providers who do not give a ... about the fact that you are using it to stream music and movies. Let's not forget more than 95% of people are happy with mediocre audio/video playback. We are the chosen ones that will spend most of our disposable income on this hobby. Happy Listening as per Roberto!

Streaming video is currently a crap shoot and there is quite a bit of compression introduced at least for now. That is one area where until we have dramatically more bandwidth we can expect a degraded streaming experience.

So yes physical media for video almost always looks better.

In fact my Oppo can uprez to 4K from a 1080p BD looks cleaner than a lot of streaming 4K especially for fast pans where streaming has issues generally. For the time being I don't bother to stream 4K video. However because they are sending more data with 4K streaming it does typically look better than streamed 1080p.

Last edited:
I've got fiber optic at our home and paid for 600 mbps. We get that speed. Most devices I use ethernet, but the Amazon Firestick is wifi. Even using wifi on that, I am able to get dolby vision HDR and the picture is absolutely stunning. Ive never had an issue streaming with it.

Fiber itself does not guarantee anything, but your end. Netflix lowered the quality during Corona, all sort of other trafik on the net impacts actual speed, various gateways, etc. But in most cases the quality is there ( between good to excellent, but never to the level of BD). I have a 1000/1000 connection and still issues not least on teams.

Fiber itself does not guarantee anything, but your end. Netflix lowered the quality during Corona, all sort of other trafik on the net impacts actual speed, various gateways, etc. But in most cases the quality is there ( between good to excellent, but never to the level of BD). I have a 1000/1000 connection and still issues not least on teams.
Wasn't aware of Netflix. I pay more for their 4k service, maybe that's why I have no quality issues. None of my streaming services have issues. I get dolby vision on it, on appropriate titles.

Been a while since last update....I acquired a nicely used pair of Aeon i's in 2020 which have been a very nice upgrade from the Opera Seconda's....which were fine for what they were. I've now been bitten with the upgrade bug and have a pair of used Ethos on the way. Will A/B with the Aeon i speakers and decided what ti go with.....will update.

Back