Room requirements for Martin Logan Vantage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Toffen

Hi!

I trust you are well!

I am looking at buying a set of Martin Logan Vantage at Christmas time. However, I am uncertain if the listening room is large enough.

The listening room is 4.5 meters wide, 3,5 meters deep and 2,3 meters high. However, the roof is angled both behind the speaker sider and listening spot.

At this moment I use a Norwegian set up with Dynabel Euforia (with the legendary Revelator tweeter). The speakers are known to be very open and pulls lots bass.

The rest of the equipment is Burmester 051 integrated amp, T+A D10 SACD / CD player, Nordost Thor Powerconditioner, Nordost Brahma powercords and Nordost Tyr interconnect.

Cheeeeers and thanks!

Toffen G
Lillesand
Norway :)

Hi,

My room is quite similar to yours -- though mine is longer than it is wide -- including the angled ceilings. My Vantages really sing in my room though I did take some time with positioning, particularly with distance from rear wall and adding some inexpensive room treatments to a skylight and dormer window. Vantages seem to overpower a room less than some competing designs and of course the LFs are somewhat adjustable. I also find that I can listen at FAR lower volumes while still retaining detail, dynamics and scale. In this sense, the Vantages are actually very well suited to smaller rooms I think.

best,

k

See if you can try them in your room first. It should be ok, but it will no doubt never sound as good as they would in a larger room.

I think slanted roofs can work equally well for the ML's as would square ceilings. In fact in my current setup I have my speakers backed against the slanted ceiling and it sounds quite good. I've placed these speakers in many different room configurations over the past 19 years and would say to date this has to be the most balanced. Maybe because the corners in the ceiling are angled or maybe even because this is a smaller space than what I have been use to. :)

My current configuration was only supposed be temporary while I rebuilt my living room, but now I'm questioning if they will sound as good when moved back to the larger listening room (with square corners). :confused:

Back