Room Correction

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big issue with the MSO filter is the bass has no dynamics left. The bass is blurry, non-distinct, lifeless, and not just in one small range, all over.

My subs are setup differently now, so I'll do more comparisons soon.

My experience with MSO was similar at the beginning. What helped was to narrow gain/delay options for the SW - I have equalized gain via REW measurements and let only minimal boosts. FR is not ruler flat, but sound much better, anyway I look at it only up to approx 120Hz.

look for fattire on avsforum- he has some interesting ideas around All Pass filters (Maybe it is branched in Trinnov thread)

It is beyond Audyssey capabilities. And this is one of the reasons, why it more often than not sounds bad after DRC. Audyssey is notorioulsy bad above 300Hz, you need either Dirac or even something even more sophisticated like Trinnov to make it sound really good.

If you would use PC as a source, there is big choice of SW tools available, e.g. Focus FIdelity.
I tried using the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app which allows you to turn off and adjust unwanted crap. So I tested applying filters/curtains at 250 - 500Hz across my LCR, turned off midrange compensation, tried with DynamicEQ on/off. None of these sound great in my system. For now, I've turned off all the Audyssey stuff for 2 channel music and maybe I'll try figuring it out for movies.

Back