Room correction software, which is best?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert D

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I'm only familiar with Audyssey, and fairly fond of it. I've run it on 3 sound systems in my home and impressed on how well it improved sound.

I see there are at least two other systems out there. Dirac and ARC. Would like to hear opinions on the three. Ideally someone that has used all 3. What are the strengths of each and which do you think is best overall.

One more: Trinnov , which I hope to run when I get an Altitude

I have Audyssey Pro (the $700 kit) since it was released, and use it often on my preamps (AVPA1, and now 8802A), and results measure very well.

But I'm very curious to try Dirac, as the theory behind it seems solid, and many respected AVSForum members sem to have a strong preference for it over Audyssey.

ARC, which I've never messed with, looks decent, but not significantly different than Audyssey, they differ more in target curves, defaults, etc.

What ALL room corrections systems have in common is that it's really easy to get a bad correction due to operator error performing the measurements.
I can make any one of them sound like crap.

So brushing up on measurement techniques is critical, as is practice, lots of it. Your first DRC is not going to be your best, guaranteed.
And for ESL speakers, it is even more critical to follow the guidelines outlined in this article on Room correction setup guide for ML’s

I thought RoomPerfect (possible #1) was only for Lyngdorf. Dirac (the full version) seems to be the better choice across brands. It made my room response much better all across the room, not just around the sofa for which it is optimised.

I thought RoomPerfect (possible #1) was only for Lyngdorf. Dirac (the full version) seems to be the better choice across brands. It made my room response much better all across the room, not just around the sofa for which it is optimised.
Good to know!

RoomPerfect also comes with McIntosh MX160 and MX170 AV Processors.

Last edited:
Back